Archon midi switching solutions

My experiences with self-made-cable:
* G-Lab GSC: works well
* Rolls RP93 Switcher (pretty old one :): works well
* Line6 Helix in 4CM: problems – 4CM works well until I connect the cable for amp switching --> hum
So you get hum when hooking up the cable to switch channels then?

yes, without the channel-switching-cable connected – 4-cable-method works fine. At the moment I connect the channel switching cable comes hum. Sort of grounding issue in Helix I think.

yes, without the channel-switching-cable connected – 4-cable-method works fine. At the moment I connect the channel switching cable comes hum. Sort of grounding issue in Helix I think.

I've read that some channel switchers hum with the Helix; there's an issue that apparently needs addressing in the Helix itself.

Didn't catch this thread in the past, so I apologize for being late to the party. I've been using a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher (with custom cable from Voodoo) and a PX8 for about 6 months and it's worked out great! Setup was a little difficult but Ben from Voodoo Lab walked me through it over the phone setting up the Control Switcher.

wLvl9bul.jpg

Hey Vaughn

I just got that cable from them in the mail to go with my recently purchased Boss Es 8. I'm gonna try and finish hooking it up and I'll let you know.
They emailed me back and confirmed this cable will channel switch and turn the loop on/off with the Boss ES-5 or 8.

Yea I meant to message you and let you know. I tested mine last night at practice and it works like a champ.

Sorry to resurrect an 8 month old thread, but I wanted to ask some technical details about switching the Archon from a Boss ES8. What kind of message does the ES8 send? Is it an "on/off" message? Or a "change your current state" message? For example, suppose I have 4 different patches: two clean and two crunch. Obviously, I'd expect the amp to switch correctly from clean to crunch or crunch to clean, but does it always switch correctly from clean to clean or crunch to crunch?

It's ctrl switch 1 on or off if I remember correctly, I got rid of my es8 because it was a lot of button mashing to program :)

It's ctrl switch 1 on or off if I remember correctly, I got rid of my es8 because it was a lot of button mashing to program :)
How bout the loop? I just got the es-8 and the trs cable is supposed to deliver today. I haven't looked at it much since I've been waiting on the cable. My plan is to use it in preset mode to have programs for each song part.

I have the bestronics archon cable and it was one controller setting on or off for channels and one controller on or off for the loop. Worked great!

I have the bestronics archon cable and it was one controller setting on or off for channels and one controller on or off for the loop. Worked great!
That's the one I got as well. Cool. Hopefully I'll figure it out in short order.

I put it into Ctrl 1/2 and then I think 1 changed channels on or off and 2 changed the effects loop on or off

Back