Anyone playing only/mostly PRS these days??

The only non-PRS electric I've so much as looked at since getting my EG was a '64 Gretsch Tenesseean. Cause, how can you ignore that in a shop and call yourself a guitarist afterward, you know?

I have 2 LPs and a strat. Just got my PRS CE 24 about 2 months ago. I've been playing it exclusively at gigs...the strat comes along as a spare in case I break a string or something.

When I get a new guitar, I play it exclusively for a while to get used to it and really delve into what it can do. I'm really loving the CE24...so comfortable to play, great craftsmanship and workmanship, fantastic tones including with the coil splits.

It is my go-to gigging guitar at the moment.

I have a few others - Epi double cut LP w/p90's (a semi-novelty buy), Strat and Tele. The Strat, in comparison to my S2 Satin 22's split tones, sounds very anemic, so it's mostly wall candy at this point. In fact, I would love to have PTC drop a single in the pickguard of the S2 between the HB's, to get the in between tones.

The Tele is newer, would like to gig it a couple times for kicks. But the vast majority of the time, it's PRS.

Mostly, but not only. I play my JP12 on a regular basis. Since I got my last few new PRS guitars though (over the last 5 years) I have several guitars that haven't been out of the case in years. Need to sell them. After I get an Archon, I'm going to probably get a Magesty 7 string, and other than that have no intention of buying anything other than PRS. Have at least 2-3 more PRS's that I'll be trying to snag in the next couple years.

Since grabbing my S2 Mira almost a year ago I grabbed an S2 satin 22, a Core Custom 22, a Zach Meyers and most recently an SE custom 22 semi hollow, I find now that my strat style guitars sound thin and clanky and with my S2s I can get single coil tones and I gave up on Gibson years ago...I am actually thinking of selling another guitar to grab something off Daves used site...anyone else?? lol
I'm half and half between the 408 and my Stratocaster. Very different guitars, both awesome.

I only have 1 PRS guitar (a CU24). The rest are Ibanez, EVH, and a Carvin acoustic. I still want more PRS guitars (a HBII and a CU22), even though I play the EVH guitars the most.

Pretty much depends on what I decide to bring to the gig. I usually bring 3 guitars (string breaker), and at least 2 are PRS. I also use a couple of LTDs that are fun to play - especially the one with EMGs!

Pic says it all.
IMG_6298_zpsyapkmy1d.jpg
IMG_6298_zpsyapkmy1d.jpg
IMG_6298_zpsyapkmy1d.jpg.html]

IMG_6298_zpsyapkmy1d.jpg.html]

Last edited:
My original Huber Dolphin has been my "go to" for quite a while. But lately, the short scale WL PRS pictured nearby (rosewood neck) has been shoving it aside.....For the next rehearsal, I do need to break out the DGT with pernambuco neck and see "how it fits in the mix".

if it`s a solid body, it`s PRS. I still play different archtops for 20`s through 50`s music. My flattop is an Alex Lifeson SE A15. My number 1 amp is a modified SE 30 combo. No need to play another brand electric. Been there, done that.

I've been playing Prs for about 12 years and have owned about 15-20 during that time. However, I've not managed to find one that can replace a strat, tele or les paul as yet - they absolutely have their own thing and I love them, but personally I couldn't go all in - oh and for acoustic I prefer my old ovation and my new babicz steven Wilson. I'm down to 2 Prs singlecuts which are both stunning and I crave a p245, but my go-to seems to be a strat

One of the reasons I believe our band gets so much work is because we are versatile.
We can morph into most any genre the client wants, from pseudo metal(ish)/shred(ish) to hardcore country.
No ethical or moral dilemmas here, it's all just cover material.

So, to get to the point of the post.
I exclusively use my 2011 PRS Studio. I don't bother with a backup guitar anymore.
I've kinda found the "sweet spot" for myself with my very simple rig.
Even found a "convincing" acoustic setting, so that serves me well.

I started out with a Richwood strat copy 17 years ago. After that it was Epiphone (A cool small Explorer with a floating bridge and an SG) and then I stepped up a notch towards Jackson. Had a very flat Jackson MGsoloist (which I sold and still regret selling) and I think I also had a Randy Rhoads Performer model with a Floyd...
But then I became a serious Metallica fanboy and went the ESP/LTD route.

Until a friend of mine went to the US and bought a Core Custom 24. And that was VERY nice to play, but I remained loyal to the ESP family and in the mean time I picked up two very nice ESP Standard guitars (an EMG equipped Eclipse and a Horizon shredder with Seymour Duncan) that are till today still two of my favorite guitars.

But then PRS put out the Akerfeldt signature guitar which took my attention while seeing them in London and Paris during their XX anniversary concerts. I had to have that guitar and since then it's PRS SE who took over the collection (besides the Akerfeldt, I also have the Akesson, Tremonti custom and Chris Robertson signature, a Custom 24, a Custom 24 anniversary Floyd, a 245...)
Foolishly I sold my SE Singlecut (which was very nice to play), Zach Myers sig, Custom 24 7-string... but then again, a Core Custom 24 joined the family. :cool:

When gigging - PRS Hollowbody II and Fender Strat - I can pretty much cover all the bases with this 2 guitars (including acoustic).
At home - I play whatever PRS or Fender guitar I feel like playing that day / week. No other guitar types in my stable.

Back