Any word on new guitar models for 2013?

The Hollowbody with a floyd is what I find risky - I think a Floyd should be an artistpackage option to be honest because I know a lot of guys wish they were able to get them stock on a PRSi.

Wes Borland of Black Light Burns/Limp Bizkit had a custom model that he designed with Yamaha come out back in '07 that was a hollowbody with a Floyd-like system that actually worked very well. The guitar was based off of the old 70's Fender Starcaster and was actually really cool. I was really surprised that the model didn't take off to be honest.

I've been told no Braz outside of the US. PERIOD. We may get a blackwood upgrade or similar, but to be honest I think I'd stick with the stock honduran rosewood. I have some on my PS 245 and it's gorgeous.

More info on the Paul'd Guitar finish please!

Yeah, I'm not necessarily keen on the BRW, i would just like to have a rosewood option in the Artist Pack and not be limited to ebony and maple.

Wes Borland of Black Light Burns/Limp Bizkit had a custom model that he designed with Yamaha come out back in '07 that was a hollowbody with a Floyd-like system that actually
worked very well. The guitar was based off of the old 70's Fender Starcaster and was actually really cool. I was really surprised that the model didn't take off to be honest.

Oh - I'm not doubting the functionality of it, I'm just pondering the popularity of two separate $3000+ HB floyd models being more beneficial for sales than a single extended range instrument in the US lineup.

Oh - I'm not doubting the functionality of it, I'm just pondering the popularity of two separate $3000+ HB floyd models being more beneficial for sales than a single extended range instrument in the US lineup.

I'd have been more excited about a solid body version like this:
images

I find it hard to believe the hollowbody version is doing to appeal to a broader group outside of die hard Neil fans. This would stomp the crap out of Henry J's LP Axcess.

Last edited:

I agree with you. Don't see as a commercial success, specially when you have 2 models. Maybe, I say, maybe, if it's a original trem instead of a FLoyd could work.

So what is the difference between the new SC 245 & the now discontinued SC58 & Stripper? Binding and Birds?

+ no more Paisley case maybe?

The SC245 birds on the PRS website look like ME 2 birds to me, same as the SC58 had. I saw on an English dealer website that the Custom 24 gets them as well (the Custom 22 pictured on the PRS website sports them too).

Hope they replace the dirt birds on other models as well.

I'm quite happy that the binding on the SC has been discontinued (IMHO, YMMV etc).

Me too on the binding. With the MEQ going too, that removes binding from all production models I think?

Still on the Schons and maybe also the hollowbodies.

But on nothing I'd consider buying (yay!)

Me too on the binding. With the MEQ going too, that removes binding from all production models I think?

I like bindings, and I also like plain. I'm easy to please.

Whether or not there's a binding has about the same level of significance to me as switch tip color.

I know this stuff is huge for some of us.

Whether or not there's a binding has about the same level of significance to me as switch tip color.

Hahaha! Les, you owe me a new keyboard :)

The binding would not have kept me from getting an SC58 if I had wanted one. Having said that, PRS guitars originally appealed to me - obviously amongst many other, a lot more significant things - because of the absence of binding.

I just find it aesthetically more appealing. And with that kind of money involved, it does become a factor, albeit a subordinate one.

But yes, I can totally see how my post may have looked like a statement worthy of a true Bitcher and Moaner :D

But yes, I can totally see how my post may have looked like a statement worthy of a true Bitcher and Moaner :D
Could have been worse....binding is probably a lot more important than maybe a second truss rod cover screw.:)

I call BS! I saw you at the hobby store yesterday, loading up on Tester paints and buying a variety of paintbrushes....everyone from a "Dali-esque" single hair brush, to a 2 foot job used to paint houses and fences.

I also saw the stencil kit for the "pseudoflames" that you were going to use to color in the tops of your guitars.

But Les....please let me discourage you from painting your '60's SG in dayglo neon. Hold that impulse for at least a week to see if you change your mind.

OK..back to regular programming.

I call BS! I saw you at the hobby store yesterday, loading up on Tester paints and buying a variety of paintbrushes....everyone from a "Dali-esque" single hair brush, to a 2 foot job used to paint houses and fences.

I also saw the stencil kit for the "pseudoflames" that you were going to use to color in the tops of your guitars.

But Les....please let me discourage you from painting your '60's SG in dayglo neon. Hold that impulse for at least a week to see if you change your mind.

OK..back to regular programming.

Ha! I was going to help you paint YOUR guitars, not mine! ;)

Back