Any word on new guitar models for 2013?

SO where the heck is the info on the new stufff??!?!?!?!? I thought Monday was the day!!!!!!!

I have refreshed this page and the PRS website like 100 times already today...........

I believe it shows up on the 125th time. Keep at it :rock:

I must say though, I find it odd that the powers that be have chosen to offer TWO Schon-Floyd-Archtops instead of a Maryland made 6 string baritone or 7 string.

I was curious about that choice too. And why not include the sustainer on at least one of the Schon models. Those are so much fun. :rock:

1 - I'd like to know why there's a switch to 57/08s from 59/09s. I don't think the 53/10s have lit the world alight, so I can see why they've gone, but the 59/09s are well liked
I wonder if it has something to do with PRS not selling the 53/10s separately any longer? Because of unavailability of parts?

Can you define a lot? I've only seen 2-3 of the 2012 model.

OK maybe a lot wasn't the best terminology but I've seen quite a few well, and I'm sure dealers still have a few in the wild. Also PRS might still have some that are finishing production now that haven't been claimed by a dealer.

SO where the heck is the info on the new stufff??!?!?!?!? I thought Monday was the day!!!!!!!

I have refreshed this page and the PRS website like 100 times already today...........

They probably aren't done typing up the descriptions/taking photos. My guess is that the since the dealer leaked the info they have to hustle to compile this info as soon as possible.

1 - I'd like to know why there's a switch to 57/08s from 59/09s. I don't think the 53/10s have lit the world alight, so I can see why they've gone, but the 59/09s are well liked.

2 - The McCarty platform is used for other things, such as the 408, DGT and Paul's Guitar. I don't think it makes sense for it to stay as a regular model, plus the McCarty 58 was too expensive and didn't sell (at least here in the UK).

3 - As the Modern Eagle was always Paul's model, I think the Paul's Guitar is the new ME. As it doesn't have a rosewood neck any more, I guess that's why the name has changed.

Yes the Mc58 was quite a stretch from the original "working man's guitar", wasn't it?

I haven't been able to try 53/10s or 59/09s yet, but it just occurred to me that may be reserved for artist packs.

You're probably right about Paul's guitar being the new ME.

Speaking of which: the 408 MT with Artist pack and rosewood neck in FBJ could console me that I never got an ME in FBJ :D

OK maybe a lot wasn't the best terminology but I've seen quite a few well, and I'm sure dealers still have a few in the wild. Also PRS might still have some that are finishing production now that haven't been claimed by a dealer.

Hope so, I'm not going to be in the market "soon" since I bought two this year (January and December) but, I might have to seriously consider offloading some gear to get another one. I really liked this model because it was basically a stop tail version of the Tremonti with a WF (pattern) neck.

I don't think the 53/10s have lit the world alight, so I can see why they've gone, but the 59/09s are well liked

I LOVE the 53/10s. No pickup is for everyone, but they are phenomenal pickups that sound incredible in my SC58. Love that guitar with them!

So I hope they keep them in the line.

Info on the new models is up on prs site.... I like Paul's inlays...

So, SC245, assuming it's not chambered is basically the stripper with the new inlays.

here's a big one for ya

paulsguitar.jpg

Is there going to be a braz necked 408?
From what I understood the artist package has irw necks...

Guess I don't have to cry anymore the sc245 comes with the 2 piece as seen on the site :) . Looks like they just combined the stripper and and regular sc58 into one.

Also I'm stoked that they offer matching headstock veneers on the artist package this time. The ebony looked a little odd matched with the maple boards last year.

Last edited:
Glad to see the 2 piece on the SC245 as well!

Looks like they basically "offed" the binding that so many people didn't care for anyway (though I like it), went to the new birds, and kept all the right ingredients going.

I can breathe a sigh of relief!

Glad to see the 2 piece on the SC245 as well!

Looks like they basically "offed" the binding that so many people didn't care for anyway (though I like it), went to the new birds, and kept all the right ingredients going.

I can breathe a sigh of relief!

I liked the binding too! Not a biggie... Looks a beauty in that Antique Natural finish.

Quite like the look of the SE 245 Soapbar too!

Is the BRW option in the new Artist package for the neck or fretboard?

Back