All things must pass

Shawn@PRS

yogi
Hey gang,

After 19+ years with Paul Reed Smith Guitars, I have found another career opportunity, and Friday, May 14th will be my last day with the company. I would like to thank you for the interactions, support, and friendship you've given me over the years.

My time with PRS has been a wonderful experience, so although I am excited for the next chapter in life, leaving is bittersweet. I'm not ready to announce my future plans at this point, but I'll pop in from time to time to see how you're doing.

In leaving I am reminded of the words of the late, great Tom Petty.

It's time to move on, time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, it's time to get going

Be well, be kind to one another and keep on rockin'

Shawn

Hard day. I have lots to say. Much of it has already been said. Some will take time and come in other forms and probably via other media.

Our friendship started through your role with PRS guitars. I am so grateful that it has evolved well beyond it's roots, long ago. It makes moments like these (on my end) no different that changing a phone number. On your end, I know there is as much sweetness as there is sorrow.

You are the origin of so many things in this community, Shawn. They are countless. You are loved by many, respected by most, and your shoes will never be filled.

Last edited:
Sad to see you go, Shawn. But happy for this new opportunity in your life. May you have good health, and realize all of your hopes and dreams. You'll be missed, for sure. Thanks for being such a rad dude!

And, thanks, again, for this awesome day.

15xZ9KX.jpg

RHZgzNB.jpg

YOIiMHK.jpg

Keep on rockin' the sparkle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cXvXq5z.jpg

You’ve always been such an available and ready helping hand to we gigging PRS musicians, you’ll be sorely missed! I wish you the best in your future efforts, and like the others said, don’t be a stranger! We’d all love you to remain an active member of the family!

Hey gang,

After 19+ years with Paul Reed Smith Guitars, I have found another career opportunity, and Friday, May 14th will be my last day with the company. I would like to thank you for the interactions, support, and friendship you've given me over the years.

My time with PRS has been a wonderful experience, so although I am excited for the next chapter in life, leaving is bittersweet. I'm not ready to announce my future plans at this point, but I'll pop in from time to time to see how you're doing.

In leaving I am reminded of the words of the late, great Tom Petty.

It's time to move on, time to get going
What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing
But under my feet, baby, grass is growing
It's time to move on, it's time to get going

Be well, be kind to one another and keep on rockin'

Shawn
Congratulations !!

Shawn,

I don’t know you as well as some of these guys do but I appreciate the professionalism you brought to the PTC and here on the forum. It has been refreshing the way you have allowed this forum the space to breathe and become its own entity, and only pulled on the reins when you had to. I can’t wait to see what your next steps will be and wish you the best, and expect you will elevate the new gig and company like you did here.

Aw man... bitter sweet.
Not sure why exactly, but I could feel this day coming for a couple of years.
Although my interactions with you and PTC were few they were always the best. You're a pro Shawn, and second to none.
The bitter part is just me being selfish. The sweet (and much bigger) part is you moving in a positive direction.
I'm happy for you mate. You deserve all the good stuff.

Back