'85 number 57

There's been some great music recorded with this guitar. Nice that you get to continue the tradition.
For sure. To be honest, I can’t remember if what I recorded with it ended up on the track. I did a whole track of improv overdubs but don’t recall if we pulled any of it into the track or not. We’re back in the studio now, so I should use it again on a part I know will make the
I've posted pics of this a few times but I think this one is a new picture to avoid picture fatigue. It's much more faded that #57 but is 100% a Royal Blue guitar. Probably made on the same day as #57 but mine has moons rather than birds and the PU rings are white rather than black - I suppose it was just what they felt like fitting on the day. The trem blocks are slightly different though - mine has a more rounded end near where the arm slots in compared to the more elongated block on #57. Both types are correct. Its a nice guitar - resonant, plays nicely, sounds pretty mellow for a T&B guitar, and has never been messed around with. I took it to an event and PRSh took one look and explained how he''d had to modify the first lot of cases to make the guitars fit. I also got a high-five from PRSh for taking along such an old lady, which I thought was nice gesture on his part. Ultimately they're just lumps of wood, metal and plastic but I like it and have always felt privileged to have owned it as I've always liked PRS guitars the most, and these very early guitars are where the story began.

IMG5341.jpg
That’s one of the coolest out there imo.

‘85 #33 vintage yellow birds was at the Dallas show this weekend.

It's been for sale for a while with a well known vintage-PRS dealer located near the factory. Looks lovely but the asking price is on the 'interesting' side.

Back