5 month Delayed NGD... Wally Ltd, finally

Jo-

f-hole lover
I finally got my Walnut Ltd back from PRS. The back story is I picked this up from Reverb in early September except when it arrived there seemed to be damage around the neck joint (strangely enough, none of the photos of the guitar on the ad showed this area being visible, they were taken at different angles).

Anyways, after contacting the seller, they made a claim with Reverb and reverb covered the full cost of the repair. PRS said they would be putting a pin(? can't remember the correct term) in the neck to give it more stability and then it would have a full refinish.
Here's one pic of one of the sides how I received it.
IMG_4017.jpg

Well she's home now after over 5 months she looks great and sounds awesome.

Here are a couple pics
She's not got the most spectacular top, but it's a nice 2 way that you can see the grain running lengthways then close your eyes and blink and the next time you see it you notice the flames going crossways. It's a very 3D piece of walnut.

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4959.jpg

The biggest change is on the back of the headstock where they had to replace the serial number.
This is the original headstock back
IMG_4954.webp

and this is the new headstock back
IMG_4964.jpg

The text seems to be on top of the finish, or at least pressed into it, as I can feel it. It almost looks like it was printed on, the lettering is so perfect. Do they have a new serial number putter onner working at PRS now?

Anyway, the long wait is over and I'm a happy owner of a wally ltd. Who else has one... post some pics!!

I finally got my Walnut Ltd back from PRS. The back story is I picked this up from Reverb in early September except when it arrived there seemed to be damage around the neck joint (strangely enough, none of the photos of the guitar on the ad showed this area being visible, they were taken at different angles).

Anyways, after contacting the seller, they made a claim with Reverb and reverb covered the full cost of the repair. PRS said they would be putting a pin(? can't remember the correct term) in the neck to give it more stability and then it would have a full refinish.
Here's one pic of one of the sides how I received it.
IMG_4017.jpg

Well she's home now after over 5 months she looks great and sounds awesome.

Here are a couple pics
She's not got the most spectacular top, but it's a nice 2 way that you can see the grain running lengthways then close your eyes and blink and the next time you see it you notice the flames going crossways. It's a very 3D piece of walnut.

IMG_4967.jpg

IMG_4959.jpg

The biggest change is on the back of the headstock where they had to replace the serial number.
This is the original headstock back
IMG_4954.webp

and this is the new headstock back
IMG_4964.jpg

The text seems to be on top of the finish, or at least pressed into it, as I can feel it. It almost looks like it was printed on, the lettering is so perfect. Do they have a new serial number putter onner working at PRS now?

Anyway, the long wait is over and I'm a happy owner of a wally ltd. Who else has one... post some pics!!

That top is pretty darn spectacular for walnut. Nice one!

Nothing plain about that too- gorgeous guitar!

Dummy question- the “custom built for USA only”…is this due to use of Brazilian rosewood or other rare wood species?

Reactions: Jo-
Nothing plain about that too- gorgeous guitar!

Dummy question- the “custom built for USA only”…is this due to use of Brazilian rosewood or other rare wood species?
Yes, that means it has a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard on it. I have a HBII with that and it says the same thing on the back of the headstock. I think the reason is they don't have the proper CITES paperwork for it so if you try to import it to another country it will get confiscated due to the lack of paperwork.

Lovely guitar! I've never seen a Wally/ walnut top before. Go forth and rock it!

=K

Reactions: Jo-
Back