513s

I did sneak into the musicclips aswell, kinda Dream Theater-esque style, but with more metal shouting. Indeed, I like the music.
Dominic, singer and guitarist, likes the neck shape and scale of the 513. His approach was to install the pickups he likes most.
I currently don´t have a clue if his former three way mode selector has any function likewise switching between the coils of the EVO2 or parallel/serial, or anything else.
I assume that the five way blade switch will work as follow: EVO2, EVO2 + Area T, Area T, Areat T + Virtual P90, and Virtual P90.

I have no problem with my stock 513 pickups playing scooped modern high gain.

Got the 513 today!!! OMG, that thing plays like butter straight outta the box! Played it for over an hour before my nephew's basketball game. Ran it through my Helix into FRFR and it sang like a bird and bit like a snake when I wanted it to.

I can't wait to crank it into some tube amps over the weekend! Wow, this guitar is so unique sounding!

I
I want to introduce my 513 to the audience:

DSCN8795.JPG

DSCN8706.JPG

I purchased this guitar at Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO, USA in 2011.

It´s in black gold colour with a 10T quilted maple top.

The production line specs in 2011 featured Phase II tuners and the 513 compensated nut (introduced with the 2005 513 Rosewood).

In the electrical compartment was the PCB (printed circuit board) installed which is typical for the core line 513 models.

513 manufactured by the Private Stock Division had been shipped with hand wiring of the electronics. In Paul´s opinion - and it was announced on PRS homepage sometime ago - deliveres a more transparent sound. Anyways.

In 2014 I won a wild card visiting Musikmesse 2014 in Frankfurt, Germany.

Walking around the halls I met Paul by accident on one of the escalators. We had a nice talk, he signed my 513 compartment cover.

I asked him about future improvements of the 513 model.

He told me that the core line starting with production line 2014 will get the hand wiring instead of the PCB for the best sound you could imagine.

After our talk I was endowed by a modification from PCB to hand wiring for free if I ship my 513 to factory.

Yeah, and I did it. Thank you Paul for being such a generous person!

I was not disappointed.

In my ears in switch position 2 and 4 it has got a hint of more Strat in the tone.

Before modification:

PCB%2B2011%2BPRS%2B513-.jpg

After modification:

DSCN8663.JPG

Maybe you know Crazyparts for parts for guitars for character heavy relic or heavy aged.
Only a few know that Crazyparts produces officially wooden parts for the Private Stock Division.

For "pimping" my 513 in a restrained manner I bought a set of ebony tuner buttons for the Phase III and East Indian rosewood (fitting to my EIRW fretboard) tips for the blade switches and and tremolo arm.

DSCN9532.JPG

DSCN9525.JPG

DSCN9527.JPG

DSCN9534.JPG

This freaking guitar is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!

What makes one blank of wood to 10T and what makes it not? As well Wood Library (only regarding maple). It's up to someone's eyes.
Your choice of colour and grain was right.
I assume installing security strap locks or additional rubber rings between strap and pin plate. My guitar's original PRS strap slipped from the pin while playing (in the honey moon phase). There is no need experiencing dings and dongs that way.

Yep, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! It's a 20 top for me. LoL! I'll be installing strap lock buttons tomorrow. Everything I own has the schaller strap locks with the little cradle in addition to the locking pin.

I HAD a 513. Really loved it, but like all guitars I own, it went away. :( Hope I get another chance to own one someday. Here it is..or was, I guess it still is but here it was when I owned it. Notice how happy it looks???

25796532926_5aff5ce642_c.jpg

THAT is one good looking beast! And I'm a dedicated maple cap kinda guy! Between the really cool longitudinal grain figures, that tobacco stain and the understated 513 pups, it's just such a killer look.

Back