24.5" vs 25" McCarty models: do you notice any difference?

i have both and there's a big difference in shredding and chords up at the 15th fret and on.
Maybe I need to lower the action but I am loving the bone nut string slots that seem higher than usual?
I can get some thick strums out of this one compared to low shred.

The string tension on my CU22 is a bit stiffer than the Santana not that is so noticeable that it is a bother. Where I find the difference is going to the 24 fret neck from the Santana which seems like a mile longer. All play very well however.

I have a SCHBII, a 408 standard and a McCarty 594. I feel a definite difference between the two 25" scales and the 24.6. The McCarty 594 is much slinkier and bends are almost too easy with 10's on it. The SCHBII and 408 are stiffer feeling and as stated by others the McCarty 594 is rounder sounding above the 12th fret.

Big difference to me. I have to use 11s on 24.5'' guitar in order to keep a similar tension with my Strats. However I still use 10s on my 25'' PRS, it just feels slinkier compared to other guitars, in a good way.

My SC245 vs My Custom 24 feels far different. My forearm weld is my main anchor as opposed to the bridge so i dont feel a huge difference as far as the hand goes but just looking at the two fretboards l, my Custom 24 feels like looking at a football field compared to my SC245. Mentally it just looks like a lot more ground to cover.

The CU24 makes a big difference because the neck is longer, which shifts the bridge and your hands to the left when playing. It noticeably changes the ergonomics compared to a CU22. I think the shorter scale double cuts have the bridge in about the same position as the 25" 22 fret models, but the neck is shorter, bringing your left hand in towards your body.

What do you all think, are McCarty HB2 and McCarty DC 245 enough different that it makes sense to own both? Of course everything is "different" when comparing against hollowbody, but otherwise the feel and sound? Might be a stupid question, but oh well.. :)

Definitely! My comparison is HBII to McCarty 594, but they definitely have their own personalities that fit different moods/purposes. The 594 sounds more compressed with a tighter attack compared to the HBII. I use 9-46 strings on my HBII and 9.5-44 on the 594 to keep the feel similar.

Back