2018 se custom 24 tuner upgrades options. Direct fit, non-locking tuners?

Thomas Placzek

Greetings,

Im locking to upgrade my tuners on my 2018 SE Custom 24 trampas green. I prefer non-locking tuners. Id like to stick to the Chrome or a nickel color. Direct fits (I'm not locking to drill holes in it) and model numbers would be appreciated. Something of quality that do their job but affordable. Grovers, Gotoh, schaller, ect. Thank you

Tom

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how hat do you not like about the stock tuners? I’ve always thought they do a fine job, I’m not picky about gear ratios, but they’ve never given me a problem.

Out of curiosity, how hat do you not like about the stock tuners? I’ve always thought they do a fine job, I’m not picky about gear ratios, but they’ve never given me a problem.

Myself, as well as my uncle who's a retired guitar tech/lutheran & has done excellent work for me for 25+ yrs, don't like them really at all. Ive even had other guitar workers i know take a look over it. I can live with them. They are not the worse i ever seen but i do want to swap them at some point for better quality. These are some cheap tuner inside that they slapped a prs logo on.

The nut i did upgraded to bone. Tusq ive tried on other guitars but prefer thee old bone still. These tuners i just am not a fan before & after the nut change. I know its not the nut for sure. A number of guitar workers agree.
One of My guys have been installing and working for 40+ yrs on guitars and he always done a amazing work with bone. Maybe i just being picky or got unlucky with these ones but id prefer to get away from them and am not really into locking tuners, unless i have to for a direct fit. Gear ratio isn't a big concern. Just want some direct fits, non-locking.. Thank you

Gotcha. I believe the Grover Mini Rotomatics are one direct fit option. I know the locking version fit, assuming the non-locking version have the same mounting dimensions, they would work also.

Back