Direct replacement locking tuners for Custom 24 SE? (thumbwheel)

ewikman

Hi, Just bought a lefty Custom 24 SE and would like to get a set of "Thumbwheel" locking tuners... direct replacement if possible so I can do the work.
Anyone know which brands/models will work? Thanks!

PRS SE Locking tuners are excellent. A screwdriver is needed when replacing the old tuners. When changing strings, fingers are enough to tighten the tuners or perhaps a you can use coin (I have never used one). They are installed in my Starla (avatar).

Last edited:
I know some people have other tuner preferences, though. I used the Grover mini locking keys a few times. They use a cam lock, so not even a thumbwheel to deal with. They look great and work well, except I did have some issues with a set that liked to shear the high E, though.

But the SE lockers just look sooo right...

XjlsJMT.jpg

I know some people have other tuner preferences, though. I used the Grover mini locking keys a few times. They use a cam lock, so not even a thumbwheel to deal with. They look great and work well, except I did have some issues with a set that liked to shear the high E, though.

But the SE lockers just look sooo right...

XjlsJMT.jpg

Such a tease!

I’ll fourth the comment about SE lockers. They work and play above their pay grade.

Such a tease!

I’ll fourth the comment about SE lockers. They work and play above their pay grade.
Indeed!

I got mad because I couldn’t use them in my Zach Myer SE which had the worst tuners ever. I got Graph Tech Ratio vintage for that guitar But I needed to drill a bit as the holes didn’t match completely.

By the way, to the OP, Graph Tech Ratio locking tuners might fit in your guitar with the supplied adapter with no drilling. They have the thumb wheel you are after but they cost a lot more than the PRS SE locking tuners that at the end of the day are what most are recommending, me included.

Back