Yeppers, It's Out In The Wild Now-MT100!

I was so ready to buy one of these amps 10 years ago it seems like now lol. These days I’m running through a helix mostly and am 100% satisfied. I’m quite happy still with the mt15 in the jam room hooked up to the same oversized Mesa rectifier 4x12 Mark uses, but it’s pretty rare I fire that rig up. Ahhh heck I’ll probably buy one eventually :)

I got an MT15 ASAP when they came out, and it was overall good but has some annoying ground hum that was sorted out in later circuit revisions, I got another one a year or two ago and it’s nice and quiet. Use the first one on a reactive load setup for recording and it’s totally fine for that. I’m waiting for the 100 to be out for a while so any gremlins in the circuit can be worked out. Not knocking PRS (much) here, many new designs often have issues on a few items here and there when production is scaled up from prototype.

Much of the MT100 is available in the MT15, including volume, so I’d reckon that’s why there’s not a ton of hype. Anyone who’s wanted in on the fun, probably already is. They made that little amp too darn good.

Back