wildwood wood library ce 24's???

horax

Am I the only one just waking up to the fact that these exist?
Wildwood wood library ce 24's

These are hot!

230362750_p.jpg
0358524_p.jpg
230359231_p.jpg
230361309_p.jpg
230365086_p.jpg

They are misleading. Not a wood library in the terms that PRS uses. These are dealer run CEs with quilt options, something that has been done in the past. They are nowhere near the level of quality that traditional wood library quilts have carried in the past. I wonder why, all of a sudden, a few dealers are using this term so loosely now. Next will be the S2 guitars that can be found quilted with ebony boards!

My understanding is that Wood Library runs are dealers choice…..they can choose plainer woods to keep costs down, or go whole hog. One isn’t less than the other, just different. Both true Wood Library runs.

I’m pretty sure we’ve seen WL tops ranging from base, 10-Top, Artist, to PS.

I think it’s been common for WL runs to slot in where the Artist-level used to be, so that is kind of the impression folks have.

I didn't know they made these. If they were made to the spec of the old ones, those would be killer to have.

Truthly, I don’t think there is even a quilt option that is below 10 top now. I have a feeling these are the quilts that didn’t make the 10 top grade. At least this dealer priced them same as a regular CE. So one can’t complain. Other dealers are asking $3k now for a CE…

Wonderful pickups, and some of the tops are decent for sure... If only they came with nicer looking birds than those flat white plastic ones (I mean really, the SE line has nicer birds these days) :rolleyes:
Preach. Something that PRS hopefully fixes in the near future. No more white plastic. Give us core level birds or heck, even moons back! I think moons are great for bolt ons. The maple fretboards look great with the black bird outlines.

Last edited:
Truthly, I don’t think there is even a quilt option that is below 10 top now. I have a feeling these are the quilts that didn’t make the 10 top grade. At least this dealer priced them same as a regular CE. So one can’t complain. Other dealers are asking $3k now for a CE…
Right or wrong but I feel most of the bolt on and S2 line is wood that didnt make a higher grade. That's not a bad thing, it's efficient business and good for the consumer to get Maryland wood and process at a more affordable entry point.

Back