Wide fat neck on a F**der help?

Rockmonster

Hi greetings from England! This is my first post here but have been playing PRS's for many years. I currently own a 2000 singlecut, SC245 with 57/08's a Cu22 and a CU 22 Brazilian. I also occasionally use a F**der str@t. All my PRS's have wide fat necks and I love them! Is there out there to anyone's knowledge an off the shelf neck replacement for a Str@t which will give me the wide fat PRS experience? I'm not up on the forum etiquette so please forgive me if I am mentioning that which should remain unmentioned. Thanks for your wisdom in advance.

Hi greetings from England! This is my first post here but have been playing PRS's for many years. I currently own a 2000 singlecut, SC245 with 57/08's a Cu22 and a CU 22 Brazilian. I also occasionally use a F**der str@t. All my PRS's have wide fat necks and I love them! Is there out there to anyone's knowledge an off the shelf neck replacement for a Str@t which will give me the wide fat PRS experience? I'm not up on the forum etiquette so please forgive me if I am mentioning that which should remain unmentioned. Thanks for your wisdom in advance.

Hello, 'monster... keep an eye out for Jeff Beck style necks...his sig. str@ts always have pretty big necks...pretty sure.
some HUGE...and some people may replace them with smaller necks. Good luck. I am also a fan of wide fats, oh, and love Jeff Beck., BTW.

You might check out Warmoth, the '59 roundback contour is a little chunkier than wide fat. If the V neck or SRV profiles don't bother you, they are close as well. The V is almost dead on for Wide Fat depth at the nut.

Call USA Custom Guitars and thank me later. I had them make me a neck that's a 25" scale conversion neck with a 1 11/16" nut, .86 depth @ 1st Fret, 10" fretboard radius, only with a U carve for a bit more shoulder. It's friggin perfect!! If only my Wide-Fats could be like this. Call Tommy and talk to him about what you want, he'll build it for you.

Warmoth makes a decent neck for sure, but they will only make for you what they offer in their catalog. Plus, their truss rods are very heavy. USA Custom costs a little bit more, maybe 20% more? But it's worth it by far.

I just gave up and bought a used PRS SE EG with the 3 single coils and a great WF neck. Takes care of my Strat needs just fine! Best $300 bucks I ever spent on a guitar.

Jim

Back