Where Were You In '82? Yet Another Play-thing!

Discussion in 'Studio & Stage' started by LSchefman, Oct 27, 2013.

1. JMintzer

JMintzer Bobble Head Moderator

'82?

I was getting married and still in med school…

Musically, all I owned was my Martin D-35, playing in a coffee house here or there, and at school for a few events…

Jamie

2. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Der Hans der kann's

I was racing a lot of BMX and jumping everything that could be jumped; just being a kid. The following summer (1983) was my awakening.

3. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

I was 20 years old in Spain on a mission for my church. When I left Spain late in 82, I bought a guitar and brought it home with me. The guitar was made in Korea....go figure...

4. Hopeful Sinner

Hopeful Sinner Angry Southern Gentleman

I was 8 years old and just beginning to realize I had a preference in music, as well as a myriad of things, other than that of my parents.

Somewhere between 1983-1984 I "discovered" electric guitar oriented rock -n- roll and the rest is just a blur...

5. jimistephen

jimistephen New Member

Wasn't born until 85. Some one had to be the young one.

6. JustRob

JustRob Just a member

Thanks Les! I had a lot of fun with your tune.

Disclaimer: In no way do I consider myself any kind of musician. I just have fun making noise with my guitar. I only posted this because you seemed disappointed no one played with the tune. Please don't let this discourage you from offering more tunes.

https://soundcloud.com/onemorerob/some-1982

7. aristotle

aristotle New Member

1982 was the last year I played out here in the DC area until about 3 years ago. A year into college with a career and family ahead of me, there were plenty of things to occupy my time and distract me from band related stuff. Although music was much more "serious business" to me back then, it's actually a bunch more fun now that music is something that is done for pure enjoyment.... And shockingly, many of the same clubs (and patrons) are still out there. All I can say is that Maryland is about the best place to be for dudes who just want to go out and play the local music scene with friends, old and new...

8. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Dude! Yay! You did a terrific job with it! Sounds really great. Way to go!