where is the fizz coming from??

dtray187

Hey guys, what could it be in my room that is causing fizz when my guitars are plugged in to anything?
Amp, direct into my interface.......

I have tried 3 cables from different brands now, weirder yet is that my john mayer strat has the least fizz lol my prs humbucker has the worst.
Maybe cause it higher output? It stops as soon as I grab the metal sleeve on the jack of the cable....

it sounds to be a ground problem. since you tried 3 cords it points to the amp. another thing could be feed back. or as I have discovered--amp speaker is going. Last possible thing could be tubes if it is a tube amp. There I covered enough items to say it could be anything! Sorry, but it could be any number of things, including you!!! Fluorescent lights, the outlet or power strip your using. you will have to check every in the connection to find the issue.

If you've got a dimmer light switch, that can cause problems, along with Wardog's suggestion about fluorescent lighting. Hope you solve the problem.

The strat would have some, the PRS being worse I'd check the grounding on the PRS also considering it happens when the plugged direct also.

Back