What do people think of the MT speaker cab to go with MT 15 amp?

GrumpyOldDba

I had been eyeballing and thinking about the MT 15 amp for a while ... even knowing that likely the MT 100 was going to be real sooner or later. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and will be receiving it late next week. Likely it is more than loud enough as is for me. Very pumped up ha ha!

Initially I may just try it for a while using the speaker in my katana 100 artist. Or maybe hijack the mono price 15 that I have and use that. The monoprice is not a bad amp at all but well it's not likely to get turned back on once the PRS amp arrives.

So anyhow what do people who have purchased or tried the matching MT speaker cabinet think? I play rock and blues some ACDC / Allman bros / Cream and real old Peter Green Fleetwood mac type of stuff mostly or Van Morrison etc.

Using my PRS S2 mostly these days when not honking on Gibson LPs.

Any thoughts and advice appreciated!

I had a MT15 and did NOT have the cab that goes with it.

For ME - I would at minimum get a 2X12 and prefer a 4X12. I had gigged mine with both, once even outdoors which is a statement about how loud this thing can get for 15 watts.

Its a great amp for modern or heavier music - if thats your jam you will love it.

Absolutely LOVE the pairing! I had an older 1x12 cabinet but it just wasnt as good as the MT-15 cabinet so i traded in the old one.

Hmmm ok the prs one is still in the mix.

At this point thinking my primary options might be prs mt 112 cab / orange ppc112 / orange ppc212 ...

Same speaker afaik ... slightly smaller cab for orange 112 ... i kind of dont care matching colors exactly seems like orange cab black prs amp with red or blue lighting could be weird ish at times ( so thats a bonus ).

I size my cabs to the venue. As such I have a few 1x12s, several 2x12s, and no 4x12s. Never been a stadium rocker but frequented outdoor stuff where a pair of 2x12s did the job. IMO, you can’t have too many options so get something different!

I initially did not order mine with the matching cab at launch. I didn't see a need for a 1x12 cab at the time.

My MT15 became my "practice amp" and so I needed a 1x12 cab. I tried a Friedman Dirty Shirley 1x12 open back cab but I wasn't happy with that combo. I found myself exchanging the Friedman for the matching MT 1x12 cab and, duh! It makes sense why PRS made a matching cab.

Any who, I use the matching MT 1x12, Orange 2x12 CV30'S closed back, and a Diezel 4x12 Front Loaded CV30's closed back cab and they all sound incredible.

I initially did not order mine with the matching cab at launch. I didn't see a need for a 1x12 cab at the time.

My MT15 became my "practice amp" and so I needed a 1x12 cab. I tried a Friedman Dirty Shirley 1x12 open back cab but I wasn't happy with that combo. I found myself exchanging the Friedman for the matching MT 1x12 cab and, duh! It makes sense why PRS made a matching cab.

Any who, I use the matching MT 1x12, Orange 2x12 CV30'S closed back, and a Diezel 4x12 Front Loaded CV30's closed back cab and they all sound incredible.
I learned that valuable lesson a while back: if you demo an amp that compels you to buy it, you’d better get the cab, too, or you won’t get the sound. The builder always designs an amp with a particular cab/speaker in mind.

Hey thanks everyone. I ended up for now with mesa 112 has blackshadow aka celestion 90 its open back ... some kind of made for mesa heavier watt lead 80 speaker.

Pretty sweet combo ...

Back