• The PRS Forum will be shut down for a large portion of the day on Wednseday Feb 28th while we perform some maintenance.

Well the skunk is back!

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
Or at least A skunk, is back. Doubt it's the one we trapped and took to the country and set loose.

We've caught it in a Havahart trap. Problem is there's a second skunk trying to get into the trap! Thinking one is a female in heat, and the other is a male. In any case we can't get near the trap without getting sprayed.

Last edited:

You're going to have to trap the second one ASAP so you don't end up dehydrating/starving the first one.
Going to tackle the problem in a few minutes. I like skunks. Just don't like the way they stink up the house.

I don't have any intention of harming either of them.

Oof! I had a skunk problem a couple years back and got sprayed at point blank range, even though I levitated sideways in the air and only got grazed. Still had to throw my clothes out.

I’m not as nice as you, I figure I have karma built up from not eating meat for 30+ years.

I “Casked of Amantilado’ed” the last f@cker that tried to burrow into the den under my front stoop.

Free Pepe Le Pew!

And...Huey (and Dewey and Louie).
I'm a big fan of Huey, Dewey and Louie. The Junior Woodchucks.

I collect 40's, 50's and 60's Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comics.

Also Little Lulu's from the same era. But don't tell anybody.

Going to tackle the problem in a few minutes. I like skunks. Just don't like the way they stink up the house.

I don't have any intention of harming either of them.

I knew you didn't want to harm them. I just don't know you but I know how stupid some people are so figured I'd mention the dehydration/starvation thing.

Glad you got the first one sorted out. Good luck with the next.

I knew you didn't want to harm them. I just don't know you but I know how stupid some people are so figured I'd mention the dehydration/starvation thing.

Glad you got the first one sorted out. Good luck with the next.
We've relocated two now. #3 is still under the house.

Skunk #3 is in the trap this morning! Now we have to relocate him. Hope he and his girlfriend are able to find each other. Shouldn't be a problem picking up each other's scent...

Gosh I hope this is the end of it!

Knock on wood: I have never seen or even smelled a skunk here in the Orlando area in the 17 years I've lived here (and the uncounted times I was here on business previously). I dealt with skunks a fair bit in the areas I used to live "up north". Supposedly there are some around here, but I guess they stay away from the built up areas?

Back