Wait - Was @Markie Right?

I’m probably in the minority but I’ve always loved crossing the Bay Bridge. Probably only because of the excitement and anticipation of the destination. I’m sure I’ll think differently the next time I cross it.

Bay Bridge is fine. It's the Key Bridge in Baltimore that got hit.

It's OK - I knew that, as I keep up with US news just as much as what's happening in the UK and EU.

It's just that, having had a reason to pass by the bridge in question when I lived Stateside, I likely will never pass that way again. If I do ever come back, it'll be a flying visit to friends and the remains (quite literally) of family in FL.

I’ve driven it a bunch of times (although not in probably 25 years) and almost always enjoy it. There was a time back in the early 90s that I was heading to Norfolk to visit friends and left Massachusetts after work one afternoon with a goal of arriving around midnight. Unfortunately I failed to account for poor timing to pass through greater NYC and by the time I hit the Bay Bridge it was about 2AM. I was VERY tired…and not at all prepared for the impenetrable walls of fog on the bridge sections. I remember crawling along in abject fear of ending up somewhere decidedly NOT road while above ground, and hurtling through the tunnels at high speed just hoping to see Virginia appear in front of me the next time I came above ground.

Back