Ulysses

F@ck Yeah! That's the one to get! Great color, toggle.... Bangin'!

You could even gig with that sucker.

My underwear is now the same color as your incoming new baby - that is stunning Les!

Last edited:
Wow Les that is going to be one killer trio!

Can't wait for your tone musings, but I'll have to (no internet for a month, again).

Congrats!

Wow! Amazing guitar with a simply beautiful top!

Congratulations on the score. I can't wait to hear more about it as soon as the weather allows.

Kevin

Will do, Don! I can already tell from Jack's clip that it has a very different voice from The Hammer (that of course is the whole reason for getting it) - but it'll be at least a week before shipping, because I don't want to have it sit on a truck in below zero weather, and go into warmer sorting buildings and then back to very cold trucks. So I'm waiting for the temps to rise a bit.

If it stays this cold for very long, I'm going to have to be one patient dude!

Oh ship the damn thing. Some nice finish checking would make it look even better! :tongue: Seriously....KILLER looking guitar!!!! :eek::adore: Congratulations!

Oh ship the damn thing. Some nice finish checking would make it look even better! :tongue: Seriously....KILLER looking guitar!!!! :eek::adore: Congratulations!

I thought about it, but even Jack who's pretty mellow about these things told me that Martin suspended shipping this week due to the cold weather. That pretty much cemented things for me.

Thanks! I agree, it's pretty!

I just fell in love with the darn thing. So glad to have been able to do this.
Contrary to most, I'm predominantly a quilt guy (sort of like preferring breasts), so that's why this is a serious declaration: I very rarely say this...I'm really jealous. :cool: That is sick and gorgeous.

Now go get In the stinkin' car and go pick it up. Excuses be damned.

Now go get In the stinkin' car and go pick it up. Excuses be damned.

I'd certainly do that but for one big problem: I'm booked 24/7 for the next two weeks anyway to compose and produce music for two major ad campaigns, one national, one international. And right now I'm working to meet the deadline for North American International Auto Show, with several videos that still need scoring. Just waiting for finished picture. We've already scored 11 things that are part of the Show.

In fact, I probably have to cancel the vacation I had planned and made reservations for six months ago. I have plane tickets that have to be changed and the whole nine yards. Which may even suck more than having to wait for a guitar.

My time just can't be planned out in advance, which is a prime reason why I haven't had a vacation longer than a weekend in 15 years...yes, you read that right, fifteen years.

Beautiful build Les!!! A great addition to your quiver. :top:

Thanks so much!!

Well Les, 15 years isn't much in the grand scheme of things right? I mean that equates to about 2% of your life so far right? :p

Seriously tho, that sucks the proverbial. Lucky you love what you do (otherwise you wouldn't be doing it).

Didn't ukysses put wax in his ear so he couldn't hear the beautiful if fatal siren call of Scylla and chabrydis?

Les, it's fantastic that you're so booked that you can't go on vacation. That's every entrepreneur's dream. It sounds like you need to hire 2 employees and expand the operation...then immediately go on vacation. :biggrin:

Didn't ukysses put wax in his ear so he couldn't hear the beautiful if fatal siren call of Scylla and chabrydis?

And take ten years to get back home?
You better get that thing shipped today, it may be a while....

Yes, the Scylla and Charybdis are the metaphor for irresistible temptation!

I should name the guitar after them!

Hmmm...so is the guitar Scylla and the case Charybdis or the opposite...hmmm

Last edited:
I'd certainly do that but for one big problem: I'm booked 24/7 for the next two weeks anyway to compose and produce music for two major ad campaigns, one national, one international. And right now I'm working to meet the deadline for North American International Auto Show, with several videos that still need scoring. Just waiting for finished picture. We've already scored 11 things that are part of the Show.

In fact, I probably have to cancel the vacation I had planned and made reservations for six months ago. I have plane tickets that have to be changed and the whole nine yards. Which may even suck more than having to wait for a guitar.

My time just can't be planned out in advance, which is a prime reason why I haven't had a vacation longer than a weekend in 15 years...yes, you read that right, fifteen years.

Thanks so much!!

Les,
You probably know this, but to be that busy in this economy is a blessing. I was like that until 5-6 years ago, and boy do I miss "the good old days". The stress of trying to get projects done on time pales in comparison to the stress of waiting for the phone to ring. Hope you LOVE the new guitar, and hope the economy takes a huge upswing in 2015.

Les,
You probably know this, but to be that busy in this economy is a blessing. I was like that until 5-6 years ago, and boy do I miss "the good old days". The stress of trying to get projects done on time pales in comparison to the stress of waiting for the phone to ring. Hope you LOVE the new guitar, and hope the economy takes a huge upswing in 2015.
Ain't that the truth? The last 12 months have been much, much better, and the last 3 months have been even better. But still pales to 2001-2007. Keep going, Les!

Back