Truss rod not adjusting

Corey McCormick

Hey guys,

So I noticed my two month old 2017 SE Zach Myers needed an minor adjustment, and unfortunately, the truss rod appears to not be working. I’m used to making minor adjustments on my Les Pauls, so I took it slowly, and measured every time using a neck check.

No matter what I do the neck is dead flat, I can’t put a minor bow either way.

I bought this from the States and I reside in Canada, not sure what I sure do. I love the guitar, but I’m worried that with temperature changes in Canada, not being able to adjust is a problem in case I need to make minor adjustments.

Is there something I don’t know about PRS truss rods? Seems to me that after turning either way I should some sort of adjustment...

Do you feel any resistance to turning when you turn the wrench?

A little bit yes, but it turns pretty easily. And I can tell the threads actually move when I turn. However, nothing happens.

Well if you have put more than one turn on it and it hasn't changed the flat neck I'd say the ends that grip the neck must be at fault. I'd start by calling the store you bought it at and ask them if they would rather you send it to them or to a local luthier. Let them tell you the next steps.

Well if you have put more than one turn on it and it hasn't changed the flat neck I'd say the ends that grip the neck must be at fault. I'd start by calling the store you bought it at and ask them if they would rather you send it to them or to a local luthier. Let them tell you the next steps.

Damn ok. I kinda figured this may be a pain in the ass to deal with given that I purchased it through a dealer through Reverb in the states. I guess I’ll start with that and see what happens.

Shouldn't be that bad. They will tell you what they need. They may tell you to get it checked out locally and there may be something simple to fix it.

Back