Trey Anastasio of Phish geeking with 2021 tour rig

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
Stumbled on to this video of Tray Anastasio geeking/explaining his 2021 tour rig! Very interesting to see what effects/amps he is using and how he is using them.
I found his "composition" to be fairly annoying by the end, sounded like a hot mess IMO (and I love Phish), but I still watched all the way through and glad I did!! Going to see which of these effects I can emulate with my Axe FXIII!!!

While I totally understand his obsession with power tube overdrive from the Trainwreck, I really miss the Mesa Mark III era smoother, creamier tones. And he can ditch the Line 6 M5 growler tone...I saw TAB this fall and half the show was that horrible tone. I've been listening to a lot of Goose this past year and find Rick Mitarotonda's tone and style refreshing a cool blend of Trey and Sco.

Last edited:
I loved this video, watched it a couple of times since he put it up. I've been seeing Phish since the '80s (true story!) but it's Trey's geek'd out excitement over his toys that I enjoy here.

I loved this video, watched it a couple of times since he put it up. I've been seeing Phish since the '80s (true story!) but it's Trey's geek'd out excitement over his toys that I enjoy here.
The one from 9 or 10 years ago was funny as talked about the “two streams” and describes the reverse delay sound “baaa shunk”

Back