Trading, Buying and Selling Question

Jmango

Hi all,

I know that listing sales here is a no no, but I wanted to see if there was a place that the folks on this forum go to trade, buy and sell second hand PRSi? I find myself in need to sell one of my beloved 85/15 loaded CE24's to fund a 30th anniversary and wanted to go where the folks on this forum go as I strongly feel WE are the people who know and understand this stuff.

Sites like TGP and what not can be a crap shoot as folks there might not have the fundamental PRS tribal knowledge to know what they might be looking at (I do not like having to explain what 85/15 PU's are....) :)

Maybe TGP, Reverb and the Bay are in fact the best outlets for this, but I had to ask... I hope I have not broken a rule by asking this question and if I have I apologize in advance and will promptly delete the thread.

Thanks guys!

Avoid eBay if you can. The fees between them and Paypal have gotten so far out of hand it should be criminal.

I sold an iPhone last week for $320, eBay and Paypal kept like $70 of that... Highway robbery.

Avoid eBay if you can. The fees between them and Paypal have gotten so far out of hand it should be criminal.

I sold an iPhone last week for $320, eBay and Paypal kept like $70 of that... Highway robbery.

Yikes! Call the police! That is just plain wrong... Man, I cannot believe there isn't a better alternative to Fee-bay - Reverb is up and coming, but it still doesn't get the traffic that Fbay gets...

VR is great, and I'd also post on TGP. It was originally an offshoot of the first unofficial PRS Forum. There are plenty of PRS players who hang out there.

VR is great, and I'd also post on TGP. It was originally an offshoot of the first unofficial PRS Forum. There are plenty of PRS players who hang out there.

Unfortunately, at TGP, there are also plenty Harmony Central gene pool turds that hang out there too... :eek::eek:

Awesome stuff guys - I just listed it on TGP and VR. Heck, while I was at it I listed my Electra Dyne head too!

On a roll!

I just sold a 1980 LP on reverb.com. Took about 3 months to sell and it sold for about 90% of what I listed it for. A good picture is worth a thousand words...........

The biggest problem I have with Reverb is that their search is so minimal as to be almost useless. On eBay I can run a search for "prs -se -s2" and get only core models, or "prs se singlecut -trem -tremolo" and only get hardtails.

You also can't click thru to a seller's info on the Reverb mobile app - and let's face it, we're all on the can flipping thru listings of our next guitars...

The biggest problem I have with Reverb is that their search is so minimal as to be almost useless. On eBay I can run a search for "prs -se -s2" and get only core models, or "prs se singlecut -trem -tremolo" and only get hardtails.

Reverb's search is also frequently stacked against you because sellers keyword-spam their listings so if you search for PRS you are just as likely to get a page full of Suhr guitars as well. It's super annoying as a buyer.

You can complain about it and Reverb will take some action against specific sellers where you have examples of the practice but the problem never seems to fully go away.

I think that despite the unfortunate eBay fees, it's still the way to reach the greatest number of potential buyers... I still have more luck there than anywhere else.

Unfortunately, at TGP, there are also plenty Harmony Central gene pool turds that hang out there too... :eek::eek:

Well, to a greater or lesser degree those types are everywhere, but if you want to have your sale ad reach a broad audience, that's certainly a good place to post it.

Let's face it, the more popular a website becomes, the more - shall we say, variety? - it attracts.

Back