Tour de France

CVS

Not so new member
Gotta log off and tune into the Tour. It's something that consumes my July for a reason that I can't explain. I think it's the history and landscape of France that sucks me in.

- I tape the live show every AM (In So Cal - the race is over by 9:00AM PDT each day) and then watch it after dinner. I like seeing lots of France as well. Fireworks may put a dent in my plan to watch it tonight.:D

- I tape the live show every AM (In So Cal - the race is over by 9:00AM PDT each day) and then watch it after dinner. I like seeing lots of France as well. Fireworks may put a dent in my plan to watch it tonight.:D

I've always been into bikes. BMX was a big part of my life from 79 to 85. Then I went to school, and got a job. Started riding for fun again around 2000. I've been off the saddle for the last 5 plus years for reasons unknown. Not sure when/why I got sucked into the Tour. Most of my friends think I'm nuts for watching. I don't know. I think it's reminiscent of a time gone by. I love history, and I think that's a big part of what draws me in. I just love watching the territory they ride through, and the individual/team aspect and sacrifice that is necessary to compete. I've tried watching other Tours (California, Giro d'Italia) but just can't get as invested. No matter, I dig it!

Gotta log off and tune into the Tour. It's something that consumes my July for a reason that I can't explain. I think it's the history and landscape of France that sucks me in.

Another dedicated Tour watcher here. Got hooked during the Armstrong years - loved the battles between him and Pantani and Ullrich. Kept on afterwards, and we watch every year. My son gets gung-ho on some of the riders - we both love Cavendish and Sagan, and Robbie McEwen years ago. Jens Voight is another favorite.

I love seeing the scenery, especially in the mountains, and finding out about the history. My work at home days the next three weeks will be spent in the living room so I can watch the Tour.

Another dedicated Tour watcher here. Got hooked during the Armstrong years - loved the battles between him and Pantani and Ullrich. Kept on afterwards, and we watch every year. My son gets gung-ho on some of the riders - we both love Cavendish and Sagan, and Robbie McEwen years ago. Jens Voight is another favorite.

I love seeing the scenery, especially in the mountains, and finding out about the history. My work at home days the next three weeks will be spent in the living room so I can watch the Tour.

Yea, that's when I got hooked too. Classic completion regardless of the "circumstances." I love the intensity of the sprint finish as well. That crash in the closing meters of Stage 2 Sunday was ugly!

I keep thinking "I could live there" as they're rolling through the little towns and countryside. The wife used to put up with me watching the nightly rebroadcast every year. She may have secretly enjoyed it. Now that I work from home almost exclusively I get to watch every morning while I'm plunking away on the laptop.

Reactions: CVS
I am an avid cyclist and avid Tour watcher. For me the mountain stages are must see tv.

I am all for anything active and all for anything that provides incentive to be active. I've always viewed exercise as the equivalent of playing guitar. It's enjoyable and something I look forward to doing.

The channel I've been watching the Tour on decided to show baseball replays today. I'll have to find an alternative for tomorrow's stage.

That sucks. It was a photo finish. The Tour said the difference was 2.8cm. Doesn't look quite that big.

APTOPIX%20France%20Cycling%20Tour%20de%20France.JPEG

Glad to see that there are both music / guitar enthusiasts and cycling enthusiasts in this group! If you are ever in Florence,Oregon, you will need to check out this store. This is the one and onlt time that I have seen the same store sell both guitars and bicycles

http://bicycles101andguitars.blogspot.com/

The channel I've been watching the Tour on decided to show baseball replays today. I'll have to find an alternative for tomorrow's stage.

That sucks. It was a photo finish. The Tour said the difference was 2.8cm. Doesn't look quite that big.

APTOPIX%20France%20Cycling%20Tour%20de%20France.JPEG

TOTAL CHAOS TODAY!

That was mental.
I think the jury did the right thing though.

Edit: for grins I've been riding the winning Tour time every day: about 56 1/2 hours so far.

Agreed. I don't know what else they could have done that was fair. The crowd was out of control. Since they had to shorten the route, there were more people crammed into an already small area, plus there wasn't time to set up adequate crowd barriers. Shame though, I would have liked to see how that final 800 meters played out.

That's ambitious! I really need to get back in the saddle.

Last edited:
Stage 12 was ridiculous. I know he's persona non grata in cycling, but Lance Armstrong said for years that something like this was going to happen someday. The jury did the absolute right thing - it was really the only fair thing to do.

I wish I could ride the tour time each day - I get too bored on the stationary bike and have to do something else. Although I really should be riding about 56 hours each day.

Stage 12 was ridiculous. I know he's persona non grata in cycling, but Lance Armstrong said for years that something like this was going to happen someday. The jury did the absolute right thing - it was really the only fair thing to do.

I wish I could ride the tour time each day - I get too bored on the stationary bike and have to do something else. Although I really should be riding about 56 hours each day.

Man, another photo finish yesterday! It's been a great Tour. Lots of fun to watch.

Back