Today is Django Reinhardt's 113th Birthday!

Long live Django Reinhardt!

My band has done a Facebook livestream to celebrate Django's birthday the last couple years: https://www.facebook.com/ChristosNovelty

I did this Django-inspired piece for a scene in a film. Yes, there's an accordion in there, too. ;)

I also saw Stephane Grapelli play once. I can't remember who he appeared with, though. It was long after Django passed away. Django was The Man when it came to that style of music.

I did this Django-inspired piece for a scene in a film. Yes, there's an accordion in there, too. ;)

I also saw Stephane Grapelli play once. I can't remember who he appeared with, though. It was long after Django passed away. Django was The Man when it came to that style of music.

Was the gypsy guitar melody a keyboard (it sounds like it). The fiddle part is lovely (assuming keyboard as well).

There used to be a Hot Club of Detroit.

There are several good GJ groups in Michigan around the Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo area.

Back