Tina Turner Documentary

That woman was a force!
I still haven't forgiven the Academy for snubbing Angela for that Oscar
I never would have thought it was possible for any actress to play the most electrifying performer in music history.
But Miss Angela proved me wrong. Nobody deserved the recognition more than her that year.

Ever since I read about this documentary it caught my attention. Tina is amazing. I love her. Hopefully I'll have a chance to watch this soon.

This was great. I have to admit, the wife dragged me, kicking and screaming, to see Tina (with Cyndi Lauper opening) on her Wildest Dreams Tour, in 1997. I wanted to hate it, so bad. But, it remains one of the best shows I've been to.

I got to see her live almost 20 years ago. Joe Cocker opened. No joke, I took my mom who is the biggest Tina Turner fan ever. Tina Turner is one of the greatest rock stars of all time. She rocked harder than most metal/rock bands I've seen (looking at you Def Leppard). Two plus hours of everything she had. One of the best shows I've ever been to. And it was Birmingham, AL. Who cares about Alabama, right? She did that night. They had this crane and bucket that took her out and over the audience, and our seats were just at the right place. We were like 8 feet from her when she did Steamy Windows. She waved at my mom. Best memory ever.

a month ago i dreamt i met tina turner, and instead of telling her how much i loved her short dress i told her ‘my wife complains about nutbush city limits every time johnny walker plays it’. mortifying.

Back