The "Name" Thread

I guess the veil was too thin. Actually, it was a reference to my ad lib guitar playing in general!

Heck mine too! I was learning the real chords for Purple Rain not so long ago. The E flat chord is a bit of a finger contortion!

I learnt a few jazz chords as a teenager from my Dad, so some are familiar.

That's the build I have. SA body, maple neck and board. Killer!
Well I did it! My new WL 509, swamp ash body with flame maple neck & board is winging its way to me. I hope she sounds as good as she looks!
Q6cS7DQ.jpg

About 15 years ago, our branch had 12 employees, and 4 men named Mike. The most common second reply to phone callers was "which Mike would you like to speak with?"

I'm loving this guitar! Assuming that we are talking about the same 2018 Wood Library build, could you tell me which dealer originally sponsored it?

I'm not really sure. Several of us on the forum worked with Brian and Brian's Guitars to get this WL509 done. That was February, 2018 and Brian picked woods in April, 2018. He started receiving the finished product at the end of October, 2018. As far as I know, there is still one that has not arrived.

While we were waiting for these to be complete, one of our group bought one with the same specs from Sweetwater. Not sure when they spec'd theirs, or when Wild West spec'd theirs. Brian, and one, or two, other dealers usually create a thread here whenever they do a WL run with pics of tops, and specs, etc so you can snag one ASAP.

I'm not really sure. Several of us on the forum worked with Brian and Brian's Guitars to get this WL509 done. That was February, 2018 and Brian picked woods in April, 2018. He started receiving the finished product at the end of October, 2018. As far as I know, there is still one that has not arrived.

While we were waiting for these to be complete, one of our group bought one with the same specs from Sweetwater. Not sure when they spec'd theirs, or when Wild West spec'd theirs. Brian, and one, or two, other dealers usually create a thread here whenever they do a WL run with pics of tops, and specs, etc so you can snag one ASAP.
Thanks for the info bodia. I thought there might have been only one run of 509's with this wood combo last year. I never even asked Wild West if this was originally one of there's. They just took it in trade from a good customer of there's who was "thinning the herd" in order to get another new guitar. Well, no matter. I'm having way too much fun with this guitar to worry much about where it came from.

Back