The Good, the bad, and the ugly of new to me 99 McCarty

Supa Necta

At $1299 I knew that there would be some flaws. The most concerning is the finish crack on the upper bout that meets the neck, but it looks like it’s just the finish. At a distance it looks amazing. It’s nice to have a player’s PRS that I won’t have to baby. Of course it plays and sounds amazing.

Congrats! I'm a guy that has zero issues with player grade guitars. I get them to play and the peace of mind to not worry about a bump or bruise is nice. Just looking at the pics I'd be more concerned with the fret board edge than the body finish cracks. As long as that didn't get in my way of playing I wouldn't worry twice.

Enjoy!

Genuine aging! Bravo!!

OK ... so it has a few "bongs" on it . Proof it's been in combat !

But it sure is pretty .... and I bet sounds as gorgeous as it looks ;)

Two maybe dumm things 1. I'd be looking to "touch up" the scars where the lighter underwood is exposed ...

2. I'd be goin' crazy trying how to put "Birds" on over the "Moons " :rolleyes: (a totally insane concern ! I lived with "dots" before I even saw a "bird "

Beautiful guitar ...

She's a real beauty.

Like others have said - the one's that have real character have been played hard and wear their scars with pride. My only concerns would de protecting area's where the bare wood shows through.

The McCarty models are phenomenal (I have 2 McCartys, a 2015 & a 2001) the 2001 is my holy grail guitar, she has a few minor battle scars but is the most constantly played of any of 91 guitar collection.

May you play her in good health for many years to come.

She's a real beauty.

Like others have said - the one's that have real character have been played hard and wear their scars with pride. My only concerns would de protecting area's where the bare wood shows through.

The McCarty models are phenomenal (I have 2 McCartys, a 2015 & a 2001) the 2001 is my holy grail guitar, she has a few minor battle scars but is the most constantly played of any of 91 guitar collection.

Hmmm... suddenly I don't feel so bad about having 1/10th of your collection!
High praise for the McCarty indeed.

She's a real beauty.

Any 335s you wanna sell me? :)

Honestly, I like a little character on guitars. I just hate it when I'm the first person to add character. Once it's there, the guilt eventually fades. this one has the guilt pre-faded by my reckoning, and it still looks great overall.

Just bought my first PRS (guitar, I had a Harmonic Generator half-stack for about a decade) and it's brand new so I'm goign to try to baby it (easier sicne I have no plans to gig with it yet). Assuming I really enjoy it, a worn/slightly scuffed or dinged player guitar from a higher tier or of a different style may well be next.

Honestly, I like a little character on guitars. I just hate it when I'm the first person to add character. Once it's there, the guilt eventually fades. this one has the guilt pre-faded by my reckoning, and it still looks great overall.

Just bought my first PRS (guitar, I had a Harmonic Generator half-stack for about a decade) and it's brand new so I'm goign to try to baby it (easier sicne I have no plans to gig with it yet). Assuming I really enjoy it, a worn/slightly scuffed or dinged player guitar from a higher tier or of a different style may well be next.
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first.

I love a beat-ass guitars, she's gorgeous.

I would try to cover the open wood blems though, don't want any moisture in there. A couple drops of super glue or a coat of clear nail polish would do...my $.02. Enjoy that axe!

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first.
Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking for a little while but didn't feel like I could contribute much yet. As I shold have my first PRS in hand in a couple of days, I might as well start digging in a little more.

Back