The case of a hard shell...

Watersilk

A slight case of 'over-hard-shell-bombing?'

Is an SE Singlecut the same size and shape, as a PRS USA Singlecut?

I'm looking for a hardshell case for my SE Singlecut. My USA McCarty Singlecut came with a beautiful hardshell PRS Multi-fit Case, I would like to buy one of these for my SE, if it will fit... ? Are these cases only made for the handmade, USA models?

I know, not all PRS Singlecuts are born equal. Some of you may be thinking, why am I thinking of buying an expensive case for an SE..... after all, she's just an SE!

I may be a little eccentric, but I think if she's a guitar worth having, she's a guitar worth protecting.... ???

Yes, I'm slightly mad, I'm experiencing a severe case of PRS fever!

Beautiful, beautiful guitars!!!! all of them! ..... is there any cure for this insanity? I've even given her a gender!!!

Last edited:
They body may be a little thinner but the overall shape should be the same. There's a little bit of tolerance in the multi-fit cases in order for them to fit multiple body shapes.

Only the core line comes with a hard case. They didn't provide them with the S2 line in order to cut costs for the pricing.

I have a sgl cut se, I did put it in my USA PRS hardshell case and it fit PERFECTLY. So you should be fine getting a it to fit.

Last edited:
I have a sgl cut se, I did put it in my USA PRS hardshell case and it fit PERFECTLY. So you should be fine getting a it to fit.

Thank you Huggy B! This is good news! I can't try my SE in 'my' USA PRS case because the two guitars are not only in different countries, they are even in different continents!!!

I looked on the PRS website, under accessories, and this is what they say about the Multi-fit cases:

"Fits all US-made PRS models except Hollowbody, SC Hollowbody, Archtop, 12-String, DC3, B.Mason, NF3, JA-15, NS-14, and S2 Starla w/Bigsby tremolo."

There was no mention of SE's..... so I was wondering if the SE models are either a different size or shape, or PRS don't expect anyone who has an SE to pay the price for a hard case, or perhaps it's as DHW says, the SE body is a little thinner?

My USA Singlecut fits snugly in the original hardshell case it came with when new. Do you know if the USA case that comes with USA Singlecut guitars is the Multi-fit case PRS sell in their accessory line? If it is the same, I'm thinking of buying the Paisley case, and using this for my USA model, and keep the SE in the black USA case I already have.... that way, my USA PRS will still feel superior... Ha! Easier for me, I will know which guitar is in which case..... until, that is, the 'next' PRS arrives..... !

Last edited:
Back