The Beatles: Now and Then

It does have that Beatles thing going on... good stuff.

I can't believe @sergiodeblanc hasn't chimed in yet. Probably hasn't been able to tear himself away from repeated listenings.

see-what-i-did-there-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

After all these years, the Beatles are a portion of my DNA. I have no memory of life without their music. It’s cool that they remain relevant and meaningful. It is both a neat and poignant thing that a song they released in 1965 so sums up all of the events that have happened for us, them, and the world. “In My Life” makes me think of so many things every time I hear it.

The new song definitely has the Beatle thing going on.

Last edited:
Here's the 'official' video produced by Peter Jackson:

And here's his personal story of the how it was conceived and created:

The song does capture the introspective Beatles vibe, and the video brought a tear to my eye.

The song does capture the introspective Beatles vibe, and the video brought a tear to my eye.
I was one month shy of turning 11 when I saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. Got the music bug then and there.

Watched the official video this past Saturday, felt a bit emotional but at the end when they took that bow and faded away,
I broke down and CRIED. Felt like I was watching a big part of my childhood fade away. Earlier that day I drove past one of the houses where our family lived. I refer to that house as "my last stop at just being a kid." Fact is, we were living there when the Beatles broke through in America. So my emotions were running high that day anyway. No wonder why I broke down like I did.

I watched it since and it's good. But it does make me long even more for that simpler time back then.

It was life as we knew it and it was good.

Truthfully? I think it's a second rate melody and second rate song. I've heard it a few times now and can't even remember the melody!

There's a reason it's been hidden away for so long and that it never found a home on an album.

Truthfully? I think it's a second rate melody and second rate song. I've heard it a few times now and can't even remember the melody!

There's a reason it's been hidden away for so long and that it never found a home on an album.
I completely agree with you on this song.

I broke down and CRIED. Felt like I was watching a big part of my childhood fade away.

Glad you said that. I find myself feeling emotional over various things I encounter that remind me of my younger days. A great AF buddy of mine and I were talking a few months ago and he said he cries over sad things he sees on TV. This, from a tough Italian kid who grew up on the streets of NYC.

I think it's because when we were young, we were taught that men don't cry - keep your emotions bottled up. Now, we see that those emotions will leak out eventually, and it is OK. Matter of fact, it's a good thing to feel and then deal with your emotions.

It may not be in the same stratosphere as "Hey Jude" or "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" but it beats the hell out of most crap I hear on the radio today. And I thought the video was poignant. As with all things, each to their own.

Back