That PRS sound....and feel.

gwardealy

It's partly how responsive the guitar is even in the most subtle ways. The sustain even when backing off the volume. It's hard to describe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe no one commented yet. I watched this earlier today.

Great playing and great tone..

Prs , it is very hard to describe the tone. Tons of sustain, great playability, the feel is heavenly and the combinations of tones you can get are a beautiful thing.

You saw it this morning, I only saw it just now. Loved that! Great playing and great choice for a backing track.

PRS tone is, IMO, dependent on the choice of amps. It sounds good with most amps, but really sings with a few.

I think enough time has passed by that folks are starting to let PRSi have their own voice and are not so focused on forcing them to sound like G's and F's. When you let them have their own voice the quality of the sound really comes through.

For years, I chased a sound in my head that Carlos had. I don't know why it took me so long to play a PRS. Now I work on my sound, and I know it's in there. I also know that if I work harder It'll come out. But only with my PRS.

That's some quality playing on a quality instrument.

Nice stuff!

That sound just melted my ears. How do you get that kind of sustain? It is surreal! I loved that entire clip. Great job! :congrats::congrats:Excellent!

Great playing :)
My take on PRSi is the ease at which you can get a great sound or sounds the huge sustain ( I have given up compressors which used to be a big part of my tone )

Thanks for the comments. One thing for sure is that having a PRS makes you want to play more. I've had a lot of guitars, including PRS. I liked those, but this 2013 model is even better. Making a guitar better over time and with increased production is something to be applauded.

This guitar inspires me, and challenges me to make the most of it.

I'm really not a Carlos 'nut' as far as a major influence, but of course think he's great. But you can definitely hear his sound in a PRS. I'm more influenced/inspired by Mick Ronson...Gilmore...Gary Moore...Hendrix...and others.

One amazing thing is that I'm playing through a Fender Mustang III, and not at really high volume. None of my other guitars can get the tone, sustain etc. I find you just have to be careful boosting treble and mid range with the PRS because it can begin to get a nasally tone. Once you dial in the right EQ, the guitar just sings.

You saw it this morning, I only saw it just now. Loved that! Great playing and great choice for a backing track.

PRS tone is, IMO, dependent on the choice of amps. It sounds good with most amps, but really sings with a few.

I think enough time has passed by that folks are starting to let PRSi have their own voice and are not so focused on forcing them to sound like G's and F's. When you let them have their own voice the quality of the sound really comes through.

I agree with that! And it's a good way of expressing a PRS...letting is have its own voice.

I did this while I was making some minor adjustments to the truss rod. Just dialing in the way I like to feel the stings. This is recorded thru the mic on the camera. With the amp maybe 3 feet away. I love how the pickups respond...and growl. And the cleaner sound in the first part...the notes are so well defined at a low volume. I notice I use the volume control much more as play with this guitar.

Great playing :)
My take on PRSi is the ease at which you can get a great sound or sounds the huge sustain ( I have given up compressors which used to be a big part of my tone )

agree with that also. I dont use any pedals. other than a wa wa. Although the amp has effects in it....i didn't add any compression....just some reverb and maybe a small amount of echo. EQing is with the knobs on the amp. I also have an older Boogie, and it's the same thing. Straight into the amp and i control the gain more with the guitar. No need for a compressor.

one more. because....these guitars need to be heard as well as seen! In this one I was just messing around with different pickups...volume...attack. No pedals needed, It's so responsive to attack and volume control.

You can easily get Les Paul sounds, it takes a bit more work to find strat/Tele sounds with a PRS. Try getting any of those others to sound like a PRS......good luck! I own some really nice high end gear from the other guys that generally are case queens, I PLAY my various PRSi because they inspire me musically in ways that feel as if they were "living" partners. Yeah, I drink the Kool-aide.

one more. because....these guitars need to be heard as well as seen! In this one I was just messing around with different pickups...volume...attack. No pedals needed, It's so responsive to attack and volume control.

Nice. I like the heavy tones in this clip. Thats a Gary Moore tune I believe. "Parisian walk" or something like that. Use to play that one, "white knuckles" and "muder in the skies" in an old metal band when I was a much younger fella. Now I am old and play jazz. :bawling: Gary Moore actually dated my first cousin for a while.

Back