String Recommendations for Angelus A60E

AlaskaTrash

The reason I signed up here in the first place was to ask this question. The stock stuff is ok enough, maybe a little on the light side. Just looking for opinions and I'm sure there are many! Thank you in advance.

Your gauge choice will affect the tone of the guitar. I personally prefer D'Addario Phosphor-Bronze extra lights (.010-.052) because they are relatively inexpensive and are easier to fret than heavier gauge strings. (decreased degree of fatigue). For that reason, my guitar choice is the A60E which has warmer tones from the get-go. Had I chosen a A50E, I might have needed heavier strings to obtain the same tone as a A60E with lighter gauge strings.

Your ears will tell you what you need to hear.

Last edited:
"my guitar choice is the A60E which has warmer tones from the get-go. Had I chosen a A50E, I might have needed heavier strings to obtain the same tone as a A60E with lighter gauge strings."

Good stuff 'Picker and thank you. That tells me a lot right there about the string and the guitar as well so good info that I can use. I agree the coated strings sound good - haven't tried that specific D'Addario. I like a lot of pop and twang and EB makes some pretty decent aluminum bronze that I use on an older guitar but would like to expand my string knowledge and put something really decent on this. Thank you again.

Back