So long...it's been good to know you!

I haven't been around here much over the last couple months...I lost my eldest son about 7 weeks ago. Still really hard to talk about that.

So I've missed a lot here. So sorry to read the news in this thread. But glad for the perspective.

Always enjoyed Lew's posts.
I’m so sorry.
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I haven't been around here much over the last couple months...I lost my eldest son about 7 weeks ago. Still really hard to talk about that.

So I've missed a lot here. So sorry to read the news in this thread. But glad for the perspective.

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to the family.

Terribly saddened to hear this mate.

My good friend is currently in hospital at the moment waiting to die any day from cancer. He is in immense pain and now just wants it over. He only found out in the autumn and was hoping with treatment to get another few years but alas that seems not to be on the cards. Haven't seen him since just before Christmas as they've been busy with family and never thought that last visit would be our last.

Darn, that's hard on anyone.
Prayers for you and your family.

I have always heard that one of the hardest losses is a parent loosing a child (I have never had kids so I can not speak with any real authority)! I can only imagine ;~)) This happened to my mother (when my sister died in 2017) and I saw it happen to my maternal grandparents as well when one of my mom's brothers died. My condolences to you and yours on a tragic event. May the memories soothe the pain. Best wishes for 2024 to you and yours!!!

So sorry to hear this! Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Not looking good right now as far as Lew is concerned though.
Very saddened by this, always enjoyed his posts, very knowledgeable guy, bought a pedal from him, chatted about Bernie's and pups.
Hoping for the best but fearing the worst ...
Someone here said they were going to call him and check in with him a couple weeks ago, but with all the holidays and everything if anyone did, I missed the post about it.

His last PM to me said that his vision was going fast, and it was hard for him to read posts and type simple replies because of his vision. He was PMing me right up to the last day he posted. Has or can anyone check in with him?

Someone here said they were going to call him and check in with him a couple weeks ago, but with all the holidays and everything if anyone did, I missed the post about it.

His last PM to me said that his vision was going fast, and it was hard for him to read posts and type simple replies because of his vision. He was PMing me right up to the last day he posted. Has or can anyone check in with him?
Not a word. I believe it was @Moondog Wily that has been calling/leaving messages.

I have left two messages on his phones voicemail (Dec 24 and Dec 29). I have not heard anything back ;~(( I have spoken to him I think 3 times previously in 2023, but none since this post started (Dec 7, 2023).

It's a sad making thread. On the other hand side all the words written show something relevant: regardless being in a virtual room there is lot of humanity and empathy, which of course can't relief pain or sorrows or even losses, but offers a cozy net and a feeling of being non-desparate.

@Rhythmisking: My deep condolences to you and your family, relatives and friends.

One thing I am realizing more and more as I head in the general direction of the exit is how important friendships are. Virtual or in-person. Life is too short not to care about friends.

Seems to me we're all pretty lucky to have friends here who share our passions and interests.

Looks like his last PM to me was the 10th. That's three weeks ago. He said he had a couple good days in a row but that that day was much different, and that's the last time I heard from him.
My last PM with him was on the 12th of Dec, and I could tell from the misspells and grammar foibles that things were not well in keyboard world for Mr. Lew (which he had already mentioned in the weeks prior). I hope he will have/has a peaceful passing!

Back