So long...it's been good to know you!

Sorta newish here, just came across this forum.

Both Lew and Greywolf seemed to have an incredible presence on here, I wish there was something better to say, but thank you for having such an amazing presence on forums like there. It really helps having good people and friends behind the keyboard. You can tell you have touched a lot of lives.

I just lost my dad a few months back, battling the big C and unfortunately the chemo is what did him in so suddenly. Devestating year. The one thing I learned is live in every moment, don't be afraid, just live you life and enjoy what precious time we have.

Even thought i dont know you, Thank you both ❤️

One of those several cold rainy days in a row poems about Life as it unfolds..

An empty shell

Where once was strong

I never thought I’d live so long

The darkness slowly eats away

As I now turn old and grey

The passion has drained from me

The thrill of Life is gone

I take my peace in Music

My love from the wood I work

Holding on each day with a weakened grip

Waiting for the last song

Praying for a peaceful end

To a life so filled with pain

Watching as the grains of life

Slowly slip away

JT aka Greywolf

An empty shell

Where once was strong

I take my peace in Music

Slowly slip away

JT aka Greywolf
Thanks for sharing that Greywolf! I can identify with that message!!

I've always felt knowledge gained in a craft should be passed down , that's the way my Native ancestors have always done it . There are 4 luthiers in my family one for each of the last 4 generations.....
I feel the same way about this. My brothers and myself have skills and knowledge that many don't have due to our parents passing things down to us as well as us living through many things with them. My father was very into American Indian heritage. I have built muzzleloaders, knives, powder horns and done scrimshaw. I know how to setup a teepee and a lean-to. I started shooting at around the age of 7.

My father always wanted to be a good guitar player. He knew how to play some chords and a few songs. When I got into it he really encouraged me. When I think back at the level of noise I made as a youngster playing loud electric guitar in my bedroom, I really know how patient and supportive my parents were. I remember times when I would be in my room practicing playing or singing a song and my dad would open the door and have one of his friends with him and he would say, play this guy a song. They were very proud of what I was able to do back then. They didn't live long enough to see me play some decent stages. I know they would have loved it. My mother-in-law and father-in-law got to see it. My mother-in-law was a big line dancer. I played in a 6 piece country band that did a lot of line dancing songs. She absolutely loved coming to see us.

As I have gotten older, I have been looking for someone to pass down my knowledge down to. My daughter isn't really into playing guitar. Her husband is starting to take it up so there may be hope there. I am always on the lookout for a youngster that I could buy a guitar for and teach them how to play it. I just found out that there is a boy across the street from me that is really into electric guitar but he is only 5. I have never taught anyone that young and can see it could be a challenge.

Man, you guys really know how to pull things out of me that I don't typically share with people and I am posting it all here on the internet where it is easily found...

My dad's people are Choctaw, Seminole and Cherokee . Both my great grandmas were full blood and very special. They made me promise to honor my heritage .. and I do . I have taught my son and grandsons how to track , hunt and fish . My son is an Eagle Scout . Everybody in the family plays music , and the woodworking lutherie gene is now it's 4th generation .. My daughter and I are 2nd degree black belts and have practiced for 29 years , my son and son in law are 1st degree. My grand aunt was Japanese and I have cousins in Yokohama who attended our tournament there , it was very special.

Whatever you heritage and craft , PLEASE keep them alive and pass them on !

An empty shell

Where once was strong

I take my peace in Music

Slowly slip away

JT aka Greywolf
Wow, that hit me hard.

Yeah, not looking good as far as I can tell. He had been talking about his eyesight failing which had him posting less in the last couple of weeks that he was active. I enjoyed his presence here, and have to give him props for "workin' it" right till the end. I mean, he just bought a new amp like a month ago!!! I was PM'ing back and forth with him regarding buying a Bernie, but that did not work out as my attempts to get a price from him dissipated which is probably a good thing because I neither need nor can I afford another guitar at the moment. Anyway, just left another phone message and as before, I will type here about any responses I get.

Best wishes on the next stage Mr. Lew! It was fun getting to know you!!

I don't interact much with Lew, but I am saddened. I hope he is okay. I also lost my father to lymphoma cancer. I had mixed emotions about his passing though, as our relationship dwindled. But, I wished I saw him before he moved on as I didn't get to see him on his last days as I was a new immigrant here. I really thought he would visit me and check out buildings and other engineering stuff in the city as we were both civil engineers.

Nevertheless, enjoy the rest of your life, Mr. Lew!

Keep on fighting, Greywolf!

Last edited:
Back to the forum after a long Chinese trip and this is one of the first things I see...really sad to read these bad news. Stay strong Lew ...and never forget there is hope until the end. Enjoy as much as possible the little things that life brings you every day.

All the best

I haven't been around here much over the last couple months...I lost my eldest son about 7 weeks ago. Still really hard to talk about that.

So I've missed a lot here. So sorry to read the news in this thread. But glad for the perspective.

Always enjoyed Lew's posts.
So sorry to hear this. My condolences.

Back