So much left to complete

Freedom from the daily grief

Enlightenment is all I seek

Those left behind had their chance

To spend some time it’s true

Too busy due to circumstance

Regrets all colored Blue

~ Greywolf

Peace and Godspeed brother Lew. It has been fine interacting with you over the years both here and on other forums. Your passion for all things guitars is infectious and has taught countless people through the knowledge and kindness that you have shared. This place is merely a stopping place to our ultimate destination and I pray a smooth journey and a joyous entry into your new home. Thank you for everything.

I’m sad to share the news that Lew passed on 19 December 2023. His brother was with him and he passed peacefully.

I had an informative reply from Bruce, who said that Lew had left instructions for him to share a post with us when he is able.
Thanks for checking into that Alnus! Sad news but it was expected!! Peace out Mr. Lew!!!

Lew_RIP_2024Jan06_2023.jpg

Godspeed, Lew. Words never suffice, no matter how well (or not) you knew someone. That's why I haven't written anything here until now, though I've been following the whole time. As I get older, and more and more friends and family members pass, it doesn't get any easier. On the contrary, it seems to get harder. Almost as if with each one (and this includes my dogs too), I get more eager to join them again someday.

I’m sad to share the news that Lew passed on 19 December 2023. His brother was with him and he passed peacefully.

I had an informative reply from Bruce, who said that Lew had left instructions for him to share a post with us when he is able.
Thanks for contacting his brother. Now we know. He will be missed around here for sure. I pray he is at peace.

I just looked back at the post where I noticed that we hadn't seen him for a while. It was the day after he passed. I remember having a feeling that day that something wasn't quite right.

Thanks for reaching out, RM. You‘re a good man.

God speed, Lew.

Thank you so much for sharing.
RIP Lew, you are missed.

Sadly, I went to my tech's house last Wed to do a wellness check on him because he wasn't answering my calls. I got there to find him passed away. Like Lew, it happened aggressively and fast. All I can say is that he is no longer suffering, and he died on his terms at home.
Tomorrow I go to my bass player's wife's funeral.
This stuff is never easy, expected or not...

Back