So I replaced my studio board with a Behringer Wing (already had a Midas DL32 digital AES50 stage box).

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
Dang I LOVE this mixer!!!!!!!!!! I've touched high dollar brands and the cheasiest, and I really love
this thing! The thing I was already familiar with and loved on my other Midas/B boards
was their dual SD card multitrack recording! Of course I run twin 512GB SDXC cards formatted
out of spec on a PC with a FAT32 formatter software tool.

The boards that record to SD cards multi stream (one .wav per track) are so hard to find compliant cards for.
Hence my Series III Presonus SL32 going bye bye last week! I had four 64GB cards that would work and
4 in spec 32GB cards that would actually "work" with that board. Not like it's hard to split the Midas/Behringer
single multitrack files into separate tracks! Sorry, can't afford Digico, etc... hehe

interesting, very interesting. i've been using an X-32 Producer for 3 years, and had an X-32 Rack prior to that. getting into the digital mixer space was the smartest, most productive move i have made in a long, long time.

why did you choose sd cards over a compiter and daw?

I have had a Behringer X32 Compact Tour Edition for a good handful of years. I have thought many times about upgrading to the Midas. I have never really felt the need to. I have had some seriously good mixes live with this mixer. I figured I would just run it until something happens to it and then buy the Midas. I bought this board to get in the deeper end of the digital mixing pool and it has really performed well.

interesting, very interesting. i've been using an X-32 Producer for 3 years, and had an X-32 Rack prior to that. getting into the digital mixer space was the smartest, most productive move i have made in a long, long time.

why did you choose sd cards over a compiter and daw?
I use it with Studio One via USB as well, both for recording and control surface!

SD Cards are THE BEST for recording live shows and for recording a full band scratch track for me!

Is this strictly a 'live use' console, or is it designed for studio use with a DAW as well?
Works for both equally well! It's residing primarily in the studio. I use an X32 Rack and a Midas DL32 digital stage box
over AES50 primarily for live shows for my band. If I'm running sound for someone else, I typically take a console and
a DL32 stage box or two!

I have had a Behringer X32 Compact Tour Edition for a good handful of years. I have thought many times about upgrading to the Midas. I have never really felt the need to. I have had some seriously good mixes live with this mixer. I figured I would just run it until something happens to it and then buy the Midas. I bought this board to get in the deeper end of the digital mixing pool and it has really performed well.
I'd highly recommend the Wing over the Midas M32 and use a Midas DL32 stage box to complete the 40 channels (8 local on the board and 32 remote with the DL32)! I like the flexibility of the routing on the Wing MUCH better than the X32/M32 world (and I can make those two boards work VERY well... been using them for years and home and at churches)!

The 10" touch screen is killer, too! Unless you're going with the higher end Midas boards, I'd highly recommend the Wing over the M32!

I've had my hands on DiGiCo, Yamaha, QSC, Mackie, A&H, etc. digital boards. I was shocked at how much
I really love the Wing! It took me about 20 minutes to familiarize myself with the board and reconstruct my
rock band's scene settings on the Wing.

Works for both equally well! It's residing primarily in the studio. I use an X32 Rack and a Midas DL32 digital stage box
over AES50 primarily for live shows for my band. If I'm running sound for someone else, I typically take a console and
a DL32 stage box or two!
Thanks! I'll have to check it out - looks pretty sweet.

Finally got all 48 inputs and outputs working with Studio One 6 and Reaper 7... That was fun.... NOT... but it never is compared to the rest of the mixer audio setup!!!

Finally got all 48 inputs and outputs working with Studio One 6 and Reaper 7... That was fun.... NOT... but it never is compared to the rest of the mixer audio setup!!!
interesting. granted, i have slightly different mixers, but it was just plug and play for me with Logic on Mac amd Cakewalk on pc.

SD Cards are THE BEST for recording live shows and for recording a full band scratch track for me!
makes sense for live. what bit rate are you using and how many songs can you get per card? can you hot-swap cards? do you need fast-writing cards like one gets for cameras?

makes sense for live. what bit rate are you using and how many songs can you get per card? can you hot-swap cards? do you need fast-writing cards like one gets for cameras?
I have highest rated 512GB full size SDXC cards formatted to FAT32. I can fit 23h 08m 03s per the blank one in slot 2 right now.
48,000 24 bit audio. Highest the Wing does.

It wasn't really that hard on the board side or the computer side with the USB 48in/48out audio. Just a bunch of clicking to
get all 32 of my AES50 inputs and 16 outputs from my Midas DL32, plus the local inputs and outputs and the Aux Ins and Aux outs.

The card thing is awesome since Behringer/Midas only write a single stream 32ch multitrack wave file. I don't have to hot swap since
the XLive/WingLive interfaces are dual SD slot. One card fills up, it carries over to the next card automatically. Then you can throw
another blank FAT32 formatted card in the first slot since it's now recording on the 2nd card. It's a great system for live tracks!
No clicks, no pops ever... not that I've had any trouble with Reaper 7 with that Eclipse live recording template over USB!

I do all my mastering and overdubs and punch-ins with Studio One 6, though.

We are in the process of adding a wing to our churches. gear. we currently run an x32 for house monitors and live stream and are going to set the wing up for house and in ears with the x32 still for live stream.

If we plug our wireless mics into the wings local channels will the x32 be able to see them? like it see everything else on the aes network

We are in the process of adding a wing to our churches. gear. we currently run an x32 for house monitors and live stream and are going to set the wing up for house and in ears with the x32 still for live stream.

If we plug our wireless mics into the wings local channels will the x32 be able to see them? like it see everything else on the aes network
i would think the x32 would be able to see the wing inputs if you set the routing to the correct AES settings. i have an x32 Producer, x32 Rack, and an S-16 snake, and i bounce the i/o around all day long

Back