So I’ve never played a PRS Santana, What am I missing?

DogPhishHead

During my senior high years my nick name at school was “Carlos” as I was a huge Santana fan, playing his style in our jazz band. I’ve been thinking the Santana model has some unique features, trem bridge, 24 frets, shorter scale length, and I’m guessing higher output humbuckers that my McCarty and ZM don’t . I’ve found some sweet looking MIK versions in whale blue and amethyst , but they’re in Japan. I know I’ve posted about only buying core models, but an entry level SE might be a neat exposure to the model’s features.

Guidance and suggestions gang. Places to look for those limited finishes? Thanks

What you’re missing? The greatest guitar PRS (or anyone else) has ever made. It’s like an alternative universe Super-Strat Les Paul.

As for the SE version, it’d give you chance to check out the scale length, body shape dimensions, knob placement, and hear how the pickup positioning sounds.

Other than that, and based on my limited sample number of exactly one SE Santana I bought… ehh it’s not really the same experience.

Here’s mine at Santanabration, it’s the black one:

I honestly think you’d be better off buying (and selling if you dont like it) a Core Santana. Yeah, it’s expensive(ish) but it’s better than buying an SE and replacing all the parts (which is exactly what I did for “scientific purposes”).

A KL33 or a Santana III or a Santana “Signature” are a lil bit cheaper, and are roughly equal to (or in the KL33’s case “better”) than the other offerings, and a better deal long term.

What you’re missing? The greatest guitar PRS (or anyone else) has ever made. It’s like an alternative universe Super-Strat Les Paul.

As for the SE version, it’d give you chance to check out the scale length, body shape dimensions, knob placement, and hear how the pickup positioning sounds.

Other than that, and based on my limited sample number of exactly one SE Santana I bought… ehh it’s not really the same experience.

I honestly think you’d be better off buying (and selling if you dont like it) a Core Santana. Yeah, it’s expensive(ish) but it’s better than buying an SE and replacing all the parts (which is exactly what I did for “scientific purposes”).

A KL33 or a Santana III or a Santana “Signature” are a lil bit cheaper, and are roughly equal to (or in the KL33’s case “better”) than the other offerings, and a better deal long term.

I couldn't say it better myself !! :cool:

HEY ! Where's the BLUE one?????

You know someone was going to be a wiseass about that :p I just wanted to be first on this thread LOL

HEY ! Where's the BLUE one?????

You know someone was going to be a wiseass about that :p I just wanted to be first on this thread LOL
The blue one came (and went) after Bodia and I got together.

But I will say that Santana III was very similar to the “big boy” Santana’s of similar and earlier eras. The only real differences were lack of purfling and a headstock signature, and a recessed trem cavity cover.

I was hoping to get your two cents ! Thanks sir

Completely agree! I had no desire to ever own one, until I played the White Westie. That ruined me. Had to jump in with both feet.

And, that was a good day! Tacos and guitars!

Back