Silver Sky Tuning Problem

North

After i bend it goes flat, after tremolo some of them goes flat but mostly sharp. I assure you nut is fine. I don't know how to setup prs bridge if i remove and examine it. I've put daddario friction remover under the screws and on the nut even nut is really fine instead of oil cause i dont have it right know. I don't know what else to do, i can't even play it. What should i try to solve this?

After i bend it goes flat, after tremolo some of them goes flat but mostly sharp. I assure you nut is fine. I don't know how to setup prs bridge if i remove and examine it. I've put daddario friction remover under the screws and on the nut even nut is really fine instead of oil cause i dont have it right know. I don't know what else to do, i can't even play it. What should i try to solve this?

Is the guitar new w new strings from factory? Do not remove any parts yet especially the trem assembly. Have you been using the guitar and this just started?
One of my SS's had a tuning issue when brand new. I did my normal string change myself and bingo, it's been fine for the last year. But you really want to stay away from removing parts when it's prob not necessary. Somebody here can help trouble shoot it also or PTC at PRS.
I'd also caution oiling things. If the nut is binding the strings there are special graphite products made one is called nut sauce. Oil will cause possible long term issues since dust and dirt like to bind to it.

Is the guitar new w new strings from factory? Do not remove any parts yet especially the trem assembly. Have you been using the guitar and this just started?
One of my SS's had a tuning issue when brand new. I did my normal string change myself and bingo, it's been fine for the last year. But you really want to stay away from removing parts when it's prob not necessary. Somebody here can help trouble shoot it also or PTC at PRS.
I'd also caution oiling things. If the nut is binding the strings there are special graphite products made one is called nut sauce. Oil will cause possible long term issues since dust and dirt like to bind to it.
Friction remover is nut sauce already. No it has been with me since summer. And nut is fine i said. I post it wrong subtopic.

Do all strings go flat/sharp, or just some of them ?
If you have the string cut offs from your recent string change, try to slide them into their respective nut slots. Do you feel any resistance/unevenness ?

Although you say the nut is fine, these symptoms can very much be from the nut. I was told by a tech a nut I had setup was perfectly fine; he was wrong and I had the same symptoms you have. Ridges or uneven surface in one or more of the nut slots will cause it, nut sauce or similar can help mitigate it but not always completely.

Do all strings go flat/sharp, or just some of them ?
If you have the string cut offs from your recent string change, try to slide them into their respective nut slots. Do you feel any resistance/unevenness ?
Although you say the nut is fine, these symptoms can very much be from the nut. I was told by a tech a nut I had setup was perfectly fine; he was wrong and I had the same symptoms you have. Ridges or uneven surface in one or more of the nut slots will cause it, nut sauce or similar can help mitigate it but not always completely.
Nut is fine. It's filed by tech already. There is no resistance.

As far as all the stock settings call or email PTC they will help you.
As far as your setup goes, I have a hard time believing you have an unplayable Silver Sky unless it was damaged in shipping or damaged or miss adjusted by your "tech"
I own 2 and have worked on 2 other Silver Skys and have had zero issues with any of them so your issue would be rare.
When set correctly the rear of the trem is touching the body in the stock set up so unless your trem is floating a bit it should always come back to pitch unless it is not strung properly.
If you or your tech are still having issues you should contact PRS ( PTC ) so they can get you sorted
Best of Luck

I set my PRS like this with the trem fully floating.

Back