Silver Sky Truss Rod Cover can't be removed

Sevenandaquarter

I've had Silver Skys before and removing the truss rod cover was always easy because there's only one screw, but my most recent one has a weird issue where the cover won't fall out of the cavity on its own after I unscrew it. I've shaken the thing upside down, slapped the back of the headstock, anything to dislodge it, but it won't budge, and since it's recessed, it's basically impossible to slip anything in-between the seams. Has anyone seen this before? Maybe the truss rod cavity was cut just a little snug on this one. My action is just a tad too low on the treble strings and I'm getting a little fret buzz so that's why I want to adjust it.

Hmm...haven't seen anyone mention that before. Do you have a set of the small jewelers screwdrivers? If you do, can you insert the smallest flat head screwdriver in the hole where the screw was? If it fits in there you could gently pry it out?

Screw these finesse guys - getchersef a crowbar and a chainsaw and teach that guitar and TRC just who the feck owns who!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: Jesse James Dupree, white courtesy phone!!!!!

Actually, the jeweler’s screwdriver idea is probably the best. It’s likely just a little tighter tolerance, or maybe the wood adjusted a little bit and gave you the buzz and the wedding night truss rod cavity.

Use a pick to free the edges, use one of the screws in the screw hole (hold screw head between two fingers, catch the last thread inside the cover’s screw hole, lift) to gently pry it up. The finish has taken hold of the plastic a little, that’s all.

Back