SE Trem safety

Brandon117

So I've been doing a lot of dive bombs and other tricks on my trem at practice lately. My friend seems to think I'm going to break my guitar. Is it safe to do dive bombs and stuff on an se trem? I do some EVH type ticks sometimes. Am I damaging my trem or risking it breaking? I thought it was a kind of ridiculous statement.

The PRS term looks vintage but can do most of the Floyd type dive bombing & stuff without problems. Go off dude!!!
The only thing I can think of would be the springs, you might need to adjust or replace them after time.

When I actually used trems back in the day, I had done some pretty bad stuff on some pretty cheap guitars (sub $100 gear), and it always held together. There's a huge difference in quality between a sub $100 Kramer and an SE... so go for it... Your friend is just jealous that he can't rock it like you, so wants you to stop for his own ego :beer: (please don't take that last statement seriously, it's just a joke).

When I actually used trems back in the day, I had done some pretty bad stuff on some pretty cheap guitars (sub $100 gear), and it always held together. There's a huge difference in quality between a sub $100 Kramer and an SE... so go for it... Your friend is just jealous that he can't rock it like you, so wants you to stop for his own ego :beer: (please don't take that last statement seriously, it's just a joke).
Oh I've been diving like nobody's business. That last statement actually made me laugh pretty hard.

Picking the whole weight of the guitar up by the bar and shaking it violently could MAYBE do some damage? On the other hand, plenty of people have done that to guitars over the years too.

Back