SE Santana: The real thing?

Orange ain't RARE lol but it's a nice looking top on a legit-looking SE. You can usually get used newer-gen SE Santanas for around $400 used, sometimes a little better - so don't overpay for it based upon the "rarity." Orange was a formal production color for first (and I think second) years.

Orange ain't RARE lol but it's a nice looking top on a legit-looking SE. You can usually get used newer-gen SE Santanas for around $400 used, sometimes a little better - so don't overpay for it based upon the "rarity." Orange was a formal production color for first (and I think second) years.

Thanks! I didn't buy into the "rare" either. I was going to let it sit for a few days while I thought about pulling the trigger. Also looking at a newer generation Paul Allender as well. I have an older Allender I bought used at a great price that I'll sell if I buy one of these 2.

Definitely legit. Orange isn't rare, but that gorgeous flame top sure is! :laugh:

Last edited:
I noticed that there is no "buy it now" price. The dude probably wants as much as a new one from a major store or internet place that comes with a guarantee.

I have a Santana yellow one and played it the last few days cranked thru my Marshall DSL100H and Avatar cab with twin Eminence Swamp Thang speakers. The Santana SE with the 245 pickups, stock, "screams". It holds together really well with high gain and produces a completely new sound when you turn the overdrive channel up on a tube amp. It sounds really nice at low volume or cranked. They are beautiful guitars that feel and sound remarkable.

I noticed that there is no "buy it now" price. The dude probably wants as much as a new one from a major store or internet place that comes with a guarantee.

I have a Santana yellow one and played it the last few days cranked thru my Marshall DSL100H and Avatar cab with twin Eminence Swamp Thang speakers. The Santana SE with the 245 pickups, stock, "screams". It holds together really well with high gain and produces a completely new sound when you turn the overdrive channel up on a tube amp. It sounds really nice at low volume or cranked. They are beautiful guitars that feel and sound remarkable.

The guy has 2 "rare" finish Santana SEs for auction. Then there is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251430342135?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But the person has no real track record but I'm keeping an eye on it.

I am really thankful that I did not purchase “rare” either. I was prepared to sit for a few days contemplating pulling the trigger, as well.

Back