SE Pauls guitar charcoal burst

GrumpyOldDba

I have one incoming I liked the pickups on the SE Santana singlecut so much I had to get one of these.

I found this one used at GC but what about this charcoal burst color where is it from?

A limited volume run of green ones and charcoal ones or was this thru a certain partner the non standard color? I think the amber is nicer maybe but the price was good and heck a black guitar with charcoal theres no issue ha ha ...

Standard SE locking tuners go in there clean right?

Anyone wanna swap for blue one maybe I dunno? I will probably like the charcoal the pic of it from the store looked pretty nice.

No problem with the tuners. If anyone will give up a blue guitar willingly, without being forced, I'll invoke the ancient Egyptian curse of the Syphlitic flea on them...…………….

I have a Trampas Green one @GrumpyOldDba and was going to change the tuners to Hipshots locking (which didn't fit) and glad I kept the originals as it stays in tune day after day. Congrats and enjoy, don't forget to post pics when it arrives.

No info for ya but charcoal burst is probably my favorite PRS stock color. I used to have a couple, now none oddly enough.

I have a Trampas Green one @GrumpyOldDba and was going to change the tuners to Hipshots locking (which didn't fit) and glad I kept the originals as it stays in tune day after day. Congrats and enjoy, don't forget to post pics when it arrives.

Yeah i have a set of SE lockers but they did not fit would have needed work. So im keeping stock also for now ... may get someone to put in the SE locking for me i didnt want to mess up guitar myself.

Posted link to another forum with pic on it.

OK left a pic of guitar a couple of posts up its over in the SG guitar forum so if you want to look its over there.

I guess charcoal burst is a standard color option lots of times in the Core guitars maybe? I think this one then that I have in SE may be from a limited run.

Are there any PRS employees hanging here that can shed a light on how many etc? Just curious ...

I was thinking initially that the amber ones or blue ones might be nicer looking but this is pretty sweet.

Peace out going to play some Grateful Dead on it.

Bump. I was curious about this as well. Just picked one up at a very good price. Seems legit, looks legit, sounds great. Was just wondering about the color and the price as both seem "too good to be true." Although I did purchase a gently used/store demo so I got the price break there. Newbie here and first PRS, heck first electric. So looking forward to the new journey.

Hey Sausage can you put up some pics of yours? I have one of mine over in the SG guitars forum but this site does not make it easy to just attach pictures.

Congrats on your new PRS the TCI pickups are really sweet!

Yeah so far no information on where these charcoal bursts are coming from but I bought mine "used" ( it was brand new plastic not even taken off ) from GC. I have since then seen a couple more appear and then get sold pretty quick from TC "used".

It makes me think maybe a limited run given out to some prized channel partners as rewards maybe? Just a guess ...

Hey Sausage can you put up some pics of yours? I have one of mine over in the SG guitars forum but this site does not make it easy to just attach pictures.

Here's your pic grumpy
IMG-3813.jpg

Congrats on your new PRS the TCI pickups are really sweet!

Yeah so far no information on where these charcoal bursts are coming from but I bought mine "used" ( it was brand new plastic not even taken off ) from GC. I have since then seen a couple more appear and then get sold pretty quick from TC "used".

It makes me think maybe a limited run given out to some prized channel partners as rewards maybe? Just a guess ...
Sorry for the late response, but I too am having trouble with uploading. Mine looks like the pic posted by @Straight_six.

Back