SE Custom 24 / 24-08 Body Carves

Michael Moss

Regarding the 2021 models, is there a difference in the body carve.
I didn't think there was, but I was watching a video on YouTube, where the guy was saying that the carve on the SE Custom 24-08 more closely resembles that of the core model, than the SE Custom 24's does.
True? Or was he talking out his wazoo?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Regarding the 2021 models, is there a difference in the body carved.
I didn't think there was, but I was watching a video on YouTube, where the guy was saying that the carve on the SE Custom 24-08 more closely resembles that of the core model, than the Custom 24's does.
True? Or was he talking out his wazoo?
Thanks.
He's actually correct. I didn't know they changed the carve slightly, but looks like they did. On both my PG and 35th from last year, which is basically a 24-08, they both have that shallow violin cut. Its not very pronounced, and I never noticed it till a PRS vid pointed it out. Pretty cool though.

I have a lot of PRS guitars and IMO it isn’t even close to the core Violin body . My core cu 24 and my se are miles apart.

They did change it but agree it's not very close or enough to sway me one way or another. Still cool though!

I should add, I really wouldn't expect it to be close for the price difference. One of the many things your paying for on a core is the carve.

I should add, I really wouldn't expect it to be close for the price difference. One of the many things your paying for on a core is the carve.
Quite right. I do wish they made a one off SE model that did have the full carve. If PRS did that, like....Paul can have my money right now.

Food for thought, I own a Korean Soltero and it has the full violin carve, or at least Deans version of it. It's pretty cool, although a little uncomfortable on the right arm ( the edge digs in a bit).

The CE may be your weapon of choice then, since it does actually have a shallow carve. The ‘new’ SE shape isn’t really a carve, it’s more of a slightly different bevel. Bear in mind that most SE guitars have a veneer, which I would imagine becones complicated if the body carve is too, er, ‘violinish’?

Back