Santana IV Album

Even though I have this on pre-order, I tried and tried to resist listening to more than just 'the single'. But I could not.

The best part for me was hearing Neal Schon playing the way I thought he knew how to play but was stuck in the Journey gig for so long I didn't think he had it in him anymore...Wrong. And complementing and challenging Carlos so well and his solos are excellent, great tone and articulation. It's a true revelation. If you need and want to hear inspired guitar playing, this is the album for you. The entire band just wonderful, the recording, mix and master is dynamite and detailed. Now THIS is SANTANA~!

Last edited:
Even though I have this on pre-order, I tried and tried to resist listening to more than just 'the single'. But I could not.

The best part for me was hearing Neal Schon playing the way I thought he knew how to play but was stuck in the Journey gig for so long I didn't think he had it in him anymore...Wrong. And complementing and challenging Carlos so well and his solos are excellent, great tone and articulation. It's a true revelation. If you need and want to hear inspired guitar playing, this is the album for you. The entire band just wonderful, the recording, mix and master is dynamite and detailed. Now THIS is SANTANA~!
Agreed. It's really a fun album to listen to. Reminded me of how I felt the first time I listened to Santana III. Can't wait to give this some in depth listening. I liked the closing track a lot. I think I'll buy a CD too even though I preordered on iTunes.

Love this CD...haven't had a chance to sit down for a good listen all the way through, mostly because the kids just want to hear "Yambu" over and over and over again. This is great stuff to listen to and to play along with. 76 minutes, 16 tracks...quantity AND quality. Agree its great to hear Carlos and Neal play off each other. This lineup indeed has a special feel. Love the cover art too...

June appears to be open on their tour schedule....
While June is open on Santana's tour schedule, Journey is touring then playing Birmingham, AL June 2nd and Charlotte, NC June 4th so no Santana reunion show at PRS Experience.

While June is open on Santana's tour schedule, Journey is touring then playing Birmingham, AL June 2nd and Charlotte, NC June 4th so no Santana reunion show at PRS Experience.

But you're saying Carlos is free...right?

So after listening to the album here on my desktop speakers(good quality, not great), we decided to finally 'road test' this one. So today we drove up to the Dallas Guitar Show(a whole other story). Left early morning, coffee in the cup holder, driving solo, no distractions, 80 mph all the way up I-35.

Insert CD, crank volume.

Dumbfounded, awe-struck, jaw dropping great. A complete statement, the entire album(save for the couple of 'pop' single tracks(you'll know them when you hear them, but even they're 4 of 5 stars). Once you get pass the 1st track to 'Shake It'?...Some of the best wah guitar playing ever. I mean, this is the real deal here, no half steps, holding back, jackin'/noodlin' around, tentative, cliche' guitar playing on this album: full, total commitment and conviction. And the drums and percussion? Explosive. All the organ solos hit every note, not one out of place, not one. All the vocals are right on the money too.

So we heard the entire album, start to finish going up and then again coming back to Austin.

So, if you're a fan of Carlos or Neal or Michael or Gregg, this is one album you need to check out, sooner rather than later.

Incredible world class musicianship.

Last edited:
Back