S2 Tuner Buttons

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Has anyone changed out the buttons on their S2 tuners yet?
I want to pull the nickle plated ones off of my new S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow and replace them with some ebony ones like I put on my 408 Phase III tuners a few years back.

So far I have not run across any that say they are specifically for the S2 tuners.
I looked on PRS's site, but did not see any listed.
http://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/tuners

Are the S2 locking tuners the same as the older Phase II ones, or different?

Last edited:
Has anyone changed out the buttons on their S2 tuners yet?
I want to pull the nickle plated ones off of my new S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow and replace them with some ebony ones like I put on my 408 Phase Three tuners a few years back.

So far I have not run across any that say they are specifically for the S2 tuners.
I looked on PRS's site, but did not see any listed.
http://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/tuners

Are the S2 locking tuners the same as the older Phase III ones, or different?
My understanding is the ones on the PRS site don't fit because the S2 are metric. When I was researching the for my S2 24, I was directed to these on StewMac: http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and...s/Tuner_Parts/Schaller_Replacement_Knobs.html
I haven't ordered them yet but multiple people have said the large Schaller buttons work on the S2 tuners

Thanks, I may order these up tonight, the large ones.
They look to be the exact same shape as mine on my S2 tuners.
Check out the shape.

Schaller_Replacement_Knobs.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks for the info, I ordered a set of the large before I left work and saw the extra replies here.
Hopefully the large ones fit.
May have them by the weekend to try them out.

these are PRS ebony buttons, but not sure exactly which ones. I got them through GuitarVault
They were a little wonky at first because I left the original washers from the S2 buttons on but they worked fine once I removed them.

image_zps4rteus8o.jpeg

image_zpsfu9xz29a.jpeg

Yeah Andy, I am trying to get this as black as possible.
So far the finish is not attracting fingerprints.
May use Virtuoso Polish on it this weekend.
I am digging the sound of the S2 pickups, too bad I cannot paint them black :D
That would make them look like EMGs.

And Les, in case you are reading, I have wiped it down with the all cotton Planet Waves yellow cloths I have, but I also have a few of the PRS microfiber ones.
Used the micro one just now, feels weird after using the thicker all cotton ones.
I also have the Griots green interior microfiber ones, but they are pretty thick
Which of the two microfiber ones would you use to wipe the guitar down with after playing it or to get off some dust if it has been out all weekend?

I definitely didn't pay that! It was 35.00 for the set at guitar vault with the option to return them if they didn't fit.

I definitely didn't pay that! It was 35.00 for the set at guitar vault with the option to return them if they didn't fit.
Yep, I paid the full price of $115 for mine I put on the 408.
You got a great deal.
Sheesh...think I paid 22 for mine..shipped. Fit perfect.
I'll post pics tomorrow
Looking forward to the pics, hopefully my large fit good, with shipping they were about $30 from StewMac.
Pretty sure the S2 ones on mine are large.

OK, here's what I got...

1380.jpg

1381.jpg

Have patience & shop around and you can find some good deals...

Here's a half & half shot-

1246.jpg

And here's a few after install...

1256.jpg

1382.jpg

1383.jpg

1385.jpg

I'm very happy w/ these. I much prefer the warmer feel of plastic / wood buttons over cold steel.
As a side note, I didn't take a measure, but the stock steel buttons weight at least 3-4 times heavier than the new ones... I was surprised at just how heavy the bag was!

Nicely done! That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing to my Satin 22, although I may go for the larger buttons if they will fit. A surprising plus to the smaller buttons is they stay in tune much better when getting jostled in a gig bag, less leverage I suppose.

And one of the forum TRC's. That will be cool.

Very nice, that turned out great.
Yeah, hopefully my big ones fit.
Will weigh the guitar again afterwards to see if it lost weight.

Yeah, a day early.
They are at the local post office, should be in my mailbox when I get home.
Still will not have time to install them though until Friday evening.
Sure hoping these will fit.

OK, here's what I got...

1380.jpg

1381.jpg

Have patience & shop around and you can find some good deals...

Here's a half & half shot-

1246.jpg

And here's a few after install...

1256.jpg

1382.jpg

1383.jpg

1385.jpg

I'm very happy w/ these. I much prefer the warmer feel of plastic / wood buttons over cold steel.
As a side note, I didn't take a measure, but the stock steel buttons weight at least 3-4 times heavier than the new ones... I was surprised at just how heavy the bag was!
Those look awesome on there with the black satin - good choice!

Back