S2 McCarty 594 DC vs S2 McCarty 594 SC anybody notice this difference?

MarshallMike

I own both a 2021 S2 McCarty 594 DC and a 2022 S2 McCarty 594 SC. Just recently got the SC. I immediately noticed differences like the body is thicker on the SC and the controls are slightly further toward the end of the body on the SC. Also, a little better upper fret access on the DC because the neck to body joint being a bit different. They definitely sound different because I replaced the bridge pup on the DC with a Dimarzio Air Zone. Although acoustically they sound drastically different. The SC is much louder and more midrangey.

So, I thought that was it until......
They were both hanging on my wall side by side and while looking at them I noticed something a little different.
The bridge pickup on the DC is closer to the bridge than on the SC.

Not the first time I have noticed something like this. Gibson does the same thing but even more noticiable between their Standard series compared to their Studio series and Epiphone. I did a vid on this a while ago.

Interesting! I know on the Core models they use slightly different pickups 58/15LT & 58/15LT+ (SC gets the "+" versions) because of tonal differences due to the additional mass of the larger body on the SC. Perhaps similar logic accounts for the pickup distances from the bridge.
Also, kudos on the video!

Back