S2 Custom 22/24 models - anyone else having tuning issues?

wayfaerer1

I've had this guitar (S2 Custom 22) for about a week now and I still can't seem to get the damn thing to stay in tune - not using the trem bar so I don't think that's the issue.

I tightened the locking tuners "hand tight," but this guitar will not stay in tune for more than a few minutes - even the strings on which I'm not bending or doing anything other than alternate picking or fingerstyle on will end up slighty flat after just a few minutes of playing. The G and B strings I do a lot of bending on, so these typically go out of tune faster than the others, but as I said, even the other strings will end up a little off after a little while - again, usually always a little flat.

I'm hoping this has more to do with the possibility that maybe the factory strings are still pretty new and maybe not completely stretched out just yet? Otherwise I can't understand why a $1,400 guitar would have issues staying in tune. My $500 Epiphone Les Paul stays in tune better than this.

Anyone else having trouble staying in tune with an S2 Custom 22 or 24?

Finger tightening the tuners might be the culprit. I use a dime and give them a twist after I finger tighten them.

Did you change the string gauge ? Any " pinging " noise coming from the nut?

Its the nut. Mine did the same thing. Put some nut sauce in there. If that isn't curative, have a good setup done on it and have the slots widened

Back