S2 #7 Pickups

aphantomvaper

Bend it to the Owl!
I've been oogling an S2 Standard Single cut and the pickups are identified as S2 #7 pickups in Neck and Bridge.

What is an S2 #7 pickup? Search isn't a help due to the short strings (S2, #7).

Thanks trusted forum.

I like them in my S2 SC, they are quite different from other PRS pups.

48436810967_649879a7fa_o.jpg

I’ve found them to have a more pronounced upper mid peak than other PRS pickups. For some reason, of the two guitars I have with them, I’ve liked the neck pickup in one guitar and the bridge in another. But, I would definitely prefer having them over something like the 58/15, not because they sound better necessarily, just different, the thing they do is going to be harder to replicate with a replacement pickup.

Thanks for the tonal descriptions. Are these USA pickups? Some seem to have overseas G&B pickups in them, pickup model unspecified.

Thanks for the tonal descriptions. Are these USA pickups? Some seem to have overseas G&B pickups in them, pickup model unspecified.

No, they are the overseas (G&B) version of the #7 pickups, which are what came in the original core Singlecut models in the 2000s. In either case, they're a middle of the road PAF type humbucker. I liked them in an S2 Singlecut I tried. Then I bought an S2 Singlecut Standard and they were very bland in that guitar.

Back