Robben Ford/Larry Carlton-Austin 11/16

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
BestTicket_zpse3ac5be8.jpg
[/URL][/img]

We had the pleasure to see and hear, up close and good and loud two on THE BEST guitar players on the planet, in my opinion. We saw the 2nd set of the night from the front row on the Carlton side. No insane 16th note jack off riffing, mega distortion, and over the top effects. Just these two and a great drummer and bass player(both pickup musicians). Carlton played THE ES335 thru a Bluestone and Ford used his Telecaster thru his Dumble rig. About 10 tunes, Ford sung a couple and the rest were a mix of rock/jazz/funk and r&b flavored instrumentals. Finesse, taste and tone were served in heaping portions.

The best part for me was that I actually waved Larry over and he played 4 feet in front of me from the stage. Very cool.

And for just a short time, you heard the most hip and intense guitar playing you'd ever hear, and not one note wasted during a single solo.

We stuck around after the show until they came out to their table, I got my ticket signed and we swapped picks with both. Larry's is on the left, and not quite as heavy as Robben's

All in all, a very well spent evening with two masters of their craft.

Totally agree...Robben Ford is one of my favorites....smooth, tasteful, everything you said!! Looks like a cool piece to put in a little frame and hang in the man cave!

Back