Random. No more or less

I cannot handle our summers in Canada. They seem to be getting hotter as years go by. I have chronic migraines and the heat and humidity affect me greatly. I have to hibernate all summer long. The heat makes me so sick. I end up walking my dogs at 5:30 am or there abouts. As soon as I go outside I am in migraine mode. They’re horrible. They’re absolutely debilitating. I am doing Botox therapy for them now and taking a new med for them. That’s another reason I really love winter. A lot less pain and misery to deal with.
It does seem to be getting hotter ,Sorry about your migraines ,I hope you find something that will control them . I don’t like a lot of heat but fortunately don’t suffer from migraines
I cannot handle our summers in Canada. They seem to be getting hotter as years go by. I have chronic migraines and the heat and humidity affect me greatly. I have to hibernate all summer long. The heat makes me so sick. I end up walking my dogs at 5:30 am or there abouts. As soon as I go outside I am in migraine mode. They’re horrible. They’re absolutely debilitating. I am doing Botox therapy for them now and taking a new med for them. That’s another reason I really love winter. A lot less pain and misery to deal with.

It does seem to be getting hotter ,Sorry about your migraines ,I hope you find something that will control them . I don’t like a lot of heat but fortunately don’t suffer from migraines. I do , however, use steroids for my breathing and find they make the heat harder to take. I use the water ..ie. Go to the lake or pool when ever I can . I also tried these mister devices I found on Amazon ,. They hook to your hose and give a cool fine mist . They are very cooling and relaxing and inexpensive . At least they may enable you to enjoy your outside surroundings. Best of luck .

I’m in Edmonton as well. Haven’t been on a guitar forum for a few years. I’ retired as well . I find it surprising and a bit amusing that the last Time I remember being on any guitar forum , the members as a whole were much younger . I feel right at home here.
Time waits for no one Bag. Interesting handle BTW, my oldest brother's nick name is "Bag" (long story). I don't frequent the "bright lights" all that much, and when I do it's usually at one of the local racetracks with my bike. I should spend more time checking out the local music scene since the restrictions have (so far anyway) gone away. Been over 40 years since I was in a band of any sort and I don't gig, but that could change once I settle into my retirement mode.
I figured it would only be a matter of time until more of us Alberta peeps checked in; think that makes 3 of us now that I can recall off the top of my head. But I haven't been here a full year yet either so.
Regardless, welcome to the land of guitar rapaciousness... em, brand specific anyway.

Reactions: Bag
I remember the days that seem not so long ago when all of my bands would leave their effect boxes , guitars and other small stuff on stage between sets or overnight on week long gigs. Lost a few effects boxes over the years . These days one would need an armed guard or medication if they left a PRS in its stand on stage between sets. How the times have changed in 40 years . Beautiful guitar!
that’s how i lost my turbo rat around 2004. i’m sure some curious noiser took it home, you know who you are!

Time waits for no one Bag. Interesting handle BTW, my oldest brother's nick name is "Bag" (long story). I don't frequent the "bright lights" all that much, and when I do it's usually at one of the local racetracks with my bike. I should spend more time checking out the local music scene since the restrictions have (so far anyway) gone away. Been over 40 years since I was in a band of any sort and I don't gig, but that could change once I settle into my retirement mode.
I figured it would only be a matter of time until more of us Alberta peeps checked in; think that makes 3 of us now that I can recall off the top of my head. But I haven't been here a full year yet either so.
Regardless, welcome to the land of guitar rapaciousness... em, brand specific anyway.
Thanks man
I'm not doing stage stuff anymore either unless for charity or fun.
I only see people younger than my grand kids in the very rare instances that I go to a bar
The gear is too damn heavy to lug around and I would rather watch someone else's circus these days.
As for the handle , BAG ,it was a typo but then I thought oh well just leave it. Cheers !

I’m in Edmonton as well. Haven’t been on a guitar forum for a few years. I’ retired as well . I find it surprising and a bit amusing that the last Time I remember being on any guitar forum , the members as a whole were much younger . I feel right at home here.
We're actually much younger than we look.

Going camping this weekend for Halloween....Sure am going to miss my Custom 22 and McCarty! lol BUT wife is making dirt cake to snack on and the brother in law is making a big over the fire pot of chili! Soooooo sometimes life evens out! :cool:

Going camping this weekend for Halloween....Sure am going to miss my Custom 22 and McCarty! lol BUT wife is making dirt cake to snack on and the brother in law is making a big over the fire pot of chili! Soooooo sometimes life evens out! :cool:
Heck with that stuff. What is your wife dressing up as? :D

Then just who is that old fart in the mirror?
Vic-Mask.jpg

$700 for a thermostat. What’s this world coming to?

Seems a tad much*. We paid $200 about 6-7 years ago to have an oven thermostat rebuilt. The oven was so old they didn't make parts for it anymore. Three years ago, the heating element went - new oven.

* ETA: Of course, when you say thermostat, my thoughts are the little box on the wall. If it's an internal thing, well I'm pretty much clueless there.

Seems a tad much*. We paid $200 about 6-7 years ago to have an oven thermostat rebuilt. The oven was so old they didn't make parts for it anymore. Three years ago, the heating element went - new oven.

* ETA: Of course, when you say thermostat, my thoughts are the little box on the wall. If it's an internal thing, well I'm pretty much clueless there.
Yeah! It’s a little box on the wall, but it’s like an iPad.

When we remodeled the joint, we bought the “best” furnace with the longest warranty (15 years*) but that also meant that we kinda boxed ourselves into needing an iPad thermostat with Wi-Fi crapabilities and smart phone apps.

It’s ridonkulous.. we always keep the house between 73-75 degrees anyway, but for some reason our smart furnace can’t just do that.

This is what I feared would happen when my wife and sister bulldozed me into putting Ferrari parts in our Hyundai townhouse. It’s been 5 years and all our “deluxe” appliances are dying one by one, and all of them freshly out of warranty.

When we remodeled the joint, we bought the “best” furnace with the longest warranty (15 years*) but that also meant that we kinda boxed ourselves into needing an iPad thermostat with Wi-Fi crapabilities and smart phone apps.

It’s ridonkulous.. we always keep the house between 73-75 degrees anyway, but for some reason our smart furnace can’t just do that.

This is what I feared would happen when my wife and sister bulldozed me into putting Ferrari parts in our Hyundai townhouse. It’s been 5 years and all our “deluxe” appliances are dying one by one, and all of them freshly out of warranty.

We have a dumb programmable thermostat. It's odd how it works. In the summer, in the late afternoon, it gets hot because the AC doesn't run - it's like it's just at the edge of turning on. Then, about 5:30, it runs pretty much all night. And the reverse with heating in the winter. Makes me shake my head sometimes.

You wouldn’t make it at our place. AC at 72 during the summer. Furnace at 65 when it’s on (62 overnight)

Back